Oglesby not on campus due to grades

IMO, not a big deal with Ogelsby. He is eligible, just has a math issue, which I can certainly relate to. Definitely not ideal, but manageable.

More disappointed to read (again) that D Archie is injured. Not sure why Archie didn't graduate and leave or the staff didn't encourage him to do so. His act is worn out.

More disappointed to read (again) that D Archie is injured. Not sure why Archie didn't graduate and leave or the staff didn't encourage him to do so. His act is worn out.

So we could be sitting on two open scholarships instead of one? It's not like we were turning away talent because he's here.

Clearly,Fran was not amused.
I agree with Fran.
I liked how fired up Fran was in explaining to Mr Oglesby that he is not on some kind of 4 year plan to make a contribution...Fran wants it now! That kind of urgency is why I think Fran will get it done sooner rather than later.

IMO, not a big deal with Ogelsby. He is eligible, just has a math issue, which I can certainly relate to. Definitely not ideal, but manageable.

1) I wasn't aware his broken collarbone was an act.
2) We have an open scholly right now. Archie might not be a major help in rebuilding Iowa basketball, but no sane person could accuse him of being a barrier either.

I really don't understand what it is that causes people to lash out at athletes they feel aren't performing to a high enough standard. It must be a jealousy thing.

1) I wasn't aware his broken collarbone was an act.
2) We have an open scholly right now. Archie might not be a major help in rebuilding Iowa basketball, but no sane person could accuse him of being a barrier either.

I really don't understand what it is that causes people to lash out at athletes they feel aren't performing to a high enough standard. It must be a jealousy thing.

In reality, no sane person can find in my post where I said he is a barrier to rebuilding Iowa basketball or find an example of me lashing out. If you attended PTL games, which I will guess you don't, you would see D Arch rolling in 30 seconds before opening tip (if that early) and giving lackluster efforts game after game. He seems annoyed by this basketball thing that apparently cuts into his free time. Truth be told, I would rather have him off the roster than on, as he will only take minutes from others that haven't reached their potential. It's not his fault Lickliter recruited him, but it is his fault he has completely underwhelmed since arriving here.

Rest assured I am not jealous of your basketball IQ.

Keep the blinders on dude.

Suck it up Archie! I want to hear, I played thru the pain! Not coach made me, or whatever...

If he is having serious issues, then he shouldn't be playing at all. If he can play, then play!

Bravo, Bravo. Finally someone not with the WoAS (Wussification of America Society) posted on this topic. Archie is the most athletic looking guy on the squad, but obviously puts the least amount of time into his game. You see guys like Brommer, Marble, May, Basabe busting their tails to improve and this guy has mainted the status quo since arriving here.

How about at least saying the right thing if you can't do it?

Bravo, Bravo. Finally someone not with the WoAS (Wussification of America Society) posted on this topic. Archie is the most athletic looking guy on the squad, but obviously puts the least amount of time into his game. You see guys like Brommer, Marble, May, Basabe busting their tails to improve and this guy has mainted the status quo since arriving here.

How about at least saying the right thing if you can't do it?

toughguysyndrom.jpg

What makes anyone support Archie at this point? He's always hurt, when he isn't, he is two feet away from making a free throw, and he has shown nothing off the court in terms of leadership. I think it's safe to assume, he will do absolutely nothing in terms of contributing to Iowa basketball. It's too bad.

His act? If the guy is injured, he's injured.

But if you're saying that Archie hasn't contributed much for one reason or another, I would agree with you.