Officiating Yesterday

Not really. The added boost came from gaining the wind in the 4th quarter, not from the refs. That plus Indiana kinda gave up after we scored to make it 28-24.

If you mean the "OB" toe call.... look at the replay, the receiver bobbles the ball when he hits the ground. After my son told me to look at the ball it was clear as day the ball pops loose in his hands.

Absolutely not! I have read all the tripe on other boards from fans of other teams that are claiming the officials "gave" Iowa the game. What BS! Was the officiating bad? Absolutely! But it was bad both ways. I was there and saw Ballard get tackled by an offensive lineman after beating him on his way to the QB, and Indiana throws the TD. The result was 7 points they shouldn't have gotten on that particular play. Indiana receivers were pushing off repeatedly, and Bill Lynch was out of the box and on the field constantly and never even received a warning. Claiming we got a boost from the officials only marginalizes a great 4th quarter comeback by Iowa and feeds the trolls who think Iowa isn't worthy.
Hey, Kudo's to Indiana...they outplayed us for 3 quarters and made us look ridiculous at times (although the wind had as much to do with that as our opponent) but the end result is we beat Indiana straight up! They collapsed in the 4th quarter as has been their M.O. and we did well in the 4th quarter as has been ours. End of story.

Yah I'd say that we did get a little help from the officials. We did win by 18 though. It's not like we are Florida and get calls that are blantantly wrong that give us the game at the end.

Absolutely not! I have read all the tripe on other boards from fans of other teams that are claiming the officials "gave" Iowa the game. What BS! Was the officiating bad? Absolutely! But it was bad both ways. I was there and saw Ballard get tackled by an offensive lineman after beating him on his way to the QB, and Indiana throws the TD. The result was 7 points they shouldn't have gotten on that particular play. Indiana receivers were pushing off repeatedly, and Bill Lynch was out of the box and on the field constantly and never even received a warning. Claiming we got a boost from the officials only marginalizes a great 4th quarter comeback by Iowa and feeds the trolls who think Iowa isn't worthy.
Hey, Kudo's to Indiana...they outplayed us for 3 quarters and made us look ridiculous at times (although the wind had as much to do with that as our opponent) but the end result is we beat Indiana straight up! They collapsed in the 4th quarter as has been their M.O. and we did well in the 4th quarter as has been ours. End of story.

+1! You are 100% correct!

We got a boost from the officials.

This is my response.
3222869436_05e5ce08d3.jpg

The first one in the back of the end zone made no difference...they scored on the next play. The one later at the side of the end zone, the receivers foot never hit the ground. It was clearly above the knee on the head-on shot and the knee touched out of bounds.

The shot to the head was unquestionable...he didn't even attempt to raise his arms to wrap the receiver.

Were there a bunch of tough calls...yes. Did it make the difference...no.

The Big Ten basketball refs have been a big bunch of homers for years. It's only natural that it would expand to football at some point.

The first one in the back of the end zone made no difference...they scored on the next play. The one later at the side of the end zone, the receivers foot never hit the ground. It was clearly above the knee on the head-on shot and the knee touched out of bounds.

The shot to the head was unquestionable...he didn't even attempt to raise his arms to wrap the receiver.

Were there a bunch of tough calls...yes. Did it make the difference...no.

You are absolutely right. In fact, on the overturned call on the side of the endzone, you can see the entire shadow of the Hoosier players leg on the ground. Clear proof his leg was in the air and not on the ground. You can see this as plain as can be on the youtube video. This is indisputable evidence that his knee hit out of bounds before any other part of his body hit in bounds.

Nope. There were a lot of borderline calls, but it didnt cost them the game. Not tackling McNutt or DJK cost them the game.

That second play is very, very close but I don't see why people think it's some screw job call. At most the officials cost IU 4 points. Yeah the TD would have given them seven but you still could have made the damn field goal, that's on you not the refs. Plus we won by 18, I'm pretty sure 18 -4 does not equal enough for IU to win.

Latest posts