Officials this afternoon

I don't mind Valentine....although he tends to swallow his whistle at times which could mean bad news for today's game as we need to have the officials not allow MSU to get away with the mugging they do....

3a0395dfd0369b01040f6a7067008aea.jpg

I don't mind Valentine....although he tends to swallow his whistle at times which could mean bad news for today's game as we need to have the officials not allow MSU to get away with the mugging they do....

Which is ok since we got the ginga ninga going for Iowa.

460x.jpg

He should get away with these kinds of moves. :D

Precisely why officials should never, EVER, speak, post, write, say anything about the teams and coaches whose games they work, beyond their official game reports. I am amazed Valentine stated that and that the leagues and the NCAA did not come down hard on him.

OTOH, I guess fans know where any opponent stands with him when they play Michigan State. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm sorry, but how can he still ref an MSU game if he openly admits that he has favorites and Izzo is one of them?

I'm sorry, but how can he still ref an MSU game if he openly admits that he has favorites and Izzo is one of them?

I completely agree with this. He should be delegated to the Sunbelt or somewhere. He is just terrible. The other guys weren't so bad, but when an impartial official admits he has favorites, he should not be calling their games.
I have a feeling this part of the reason Fran gets so hot headed in some of these games, he knows which refs are buddy buddy with certain coaches. And knowing that, each questionable call they make seems like they are making the call for the other coach.

The thing that irritates me the most are the show-boat refs out there. Valentine and Hightower are notorious for this. You are not the center of the show. You should not be showing up the coaches or players. If anything, your job is to be a calming influence on the hot-head coaches out there, not an instigator. Both fail miserably at this.

Looks like Fran may become the Valentine's new arch nemesis.

Found this story of Teddy's recollection of the infamous triple technical ejection of Bobby Knight and the on going feud that had legs in the media for weeks back in the 97-98 season:

Say Good Knight

I was only able to see parts of the game, and I missed something it seems. I saw at halftime the ESPN talking heads were discussing Valentine being something of a showboat and Fran not liking some call. What happened?

I was only able to see parts of the game, and I missed something it seems. I saw at halftime the ESPN talking heads were discussing Valentine being something of a showboat and Fran not liking some call. What happened?

Short story is Fran got down 20, Teddy made a call that he didn't like (I'm not even sure what it was) and Mount McCaffery errupted by running out to half court and screaming that the call was f'ing bull ****. Teddy t'd him up, like 90% of the rest of officials would.

Short story is Fran got down 20, Teddy made a call that he didn't like (I'm not even sure what it was) and Mount McCaffery errupted by running out to half court and screaming that the call was f'ing bull ****. Teddy t'd him up, like 90% of the rest of officials would.

Exactly.. It was an easy T..

Obviously the refs had little influence on the loss today, but I'm just tired of MSU's fat big men hooking and shouldering their way to and 1's.

Latest posts