****Official Western Kentucky Preview****

everyone except gesell looked like they were sleepwalking. 19 turnovers, ouch. Hopefully this was just jetlag or Iowa's gonna get beat down tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be interesting. We can afford to lose to Witchita State and still be fine for the tournament but if we win it's likely a top-100 RPI win and maybe even a top 50 win so it would be great to get this one from that standpoint.

Tomorrow night will be tougher.

I like the way that this non-conference schedule is progressing, though. It seems like the opponents are getting incrementally better which is allowing the team build upon the previous challenge.

everyone except gesell looked like they were sleepwalking. 19 turnovers, ouch. Hopefully this was just jetlag or Iowa's gonna get beat down tomorrow.

I need to dig up my comments from before. This team has little chemistry, little focus, and play down to their opponents. It is liek watching Kurt ball on parquet. I got destroyed for saying this Saturday. Anyone want to kill me for saying it now?

Aaron White took 2 shots. Fran has got to find a way to get him off the perimeter and get some things going to the basket, same with marble. WAY to perimeter oriented, there is just no flow at all offensively.

some guy with a large penis said:
Prediction: Iowa will be playing back to back games for the first time this season, so Fran is probably going to open up the bench again. I expect to see more erratic shooting from the Hawks, with offensive flow being a problem with substitutions as well as difficulty adjusting to the humidity and ball room setting. Keeping the team focused on vacation will be another challenge for Fran, as Iowa has shown a tendancy to "play down" to their competition. WKU would love to knock off a BoneG team, and most of their rotation returns from a 2011-12 team that took a miracle run into the tournament.

Luckily, WKU is a bad shooting team as well, so I see a low scoring affair, but Iowa will have a significant height advantage and should get easier shots. If White and Marble are able to get to the rim, we should win comfortably. That's a big IF, because Fant and Akol are good at protecting the iron on defense. WKU will have an even bigger problem scoring. If the Hawks show even a little focus on defense (Eric May will come up big as senior leader, locking up Jamal Cook), we should be able to stone the toppers. Holding Price down will be key; He's streaky.

I see a low scoring game, with the Hawks held under 70 for the third straight game. Our depth eventually overwhelms WKU, and we win.

Hawks 68 Toppers 52

I'm awesome.

Tomorrow night will be tougher.

I like the way that this non-conference schedule is progressing, though. It seems like the opponents are getting incrementally better which is allowing the team build upon the previous challenge.

Wichita St was only a 5.5 favorite over DePaul today. Vegas doesn't have near as much respect for the Shockers as people on this board do. I think we win tomorrow.

I need to dig up my comments from before. This team has little chemistry, little focus, and play down to their opponents. It is liek watching Kurt ball on parquet. I got destroyed for saying this Saturday. Anyone want to kill me for saying it now?

Teams with bad chemistry don't move the ball like we do, talk on D like we do or play 10 every game and keep everyone happy like we do.

But good try troll.

It's a pretty young team. I don't think that lack of focus is going to be a long-term issue for Fran's teams.

Ugly win...but...something we'd of lost a couple of years ago.

Tomorrow will set the tone for this team this year. (bounce back, pride, playing up to an opponent...blah blah)

Wichita St was only a 5.5 favorite over DePaul today. Vegas doesn't have near as much respect for the Shockers as people on this board do. I think we win tomorrow.

I saw part of their game today, and they look better than WKU.

Aaron White took 2 shots. Fran has got to find a way to get him off the perimeter and get some things going to the basket, same with marble. WAY to perimeter oriented, there is just no flow at all offensively.
I agree. Run some isos for Marble or better yet, a two-man set with he and White.

Latest posts