*** OFFICIAL UNI VS IOWA PREDICTION THREAD***

I read somewhere that UNI has 10 of 11 starters returning on offense...with David Johnson, who is easily the best RB in Iowa. This team will be a very good test for our defense. We should have a decided advantage though when our offense has the ball. Given that our defense is going to get stops, and theirs is going to struggle to do so, this should swing in Iowa's direction pretty quickly. I expect our offensive line to take control of this game from the onset.

Iowa 31-13.

Iowa-27
UNI- 24

this game will not be a blow out. UNI is loaded on offense. This is a good football team folks. If Farley is out at MLB that hurts UNI for sure. I think at the end of this game a lot of people will be saying that UNI has the best QB and RB in the state.

No panic; but 38 points isn't a lot for a B1G team to score on a D2 school. Let's not forget, that UNI literally isn't in the same class as Iowa. Over the years, however, we've been conditioned to think that a win is a win, even if it takes back-to-back blocked FG attempts against a D2 school.

Actually they are not a D2 school, but a FCS (D1-AA) school, big difference.

I think this one is going to be a little closer than most think. UNI is better than ISU and probably Purdue.

Iowa 24-17.

28-21 Iowa. People will howl.

... and well they should!

Giving up 21 to UNI wouldn't shock me. Only scoring 28 -- with 8 returning starters(including every skill position), a reload at TE, Schuperman at LT and year 3 of that Gd'd GD offense -- would be, um, uninspiring. That's barely above what they averaged in 2013.

This team needs to be north of 30 to have any shot at a 9+ wins. KirkFer needs to let this offense explode and go win some games or Hawks will be out of the conversation by mid-October (Pitt, Indiana, Maryland).

It's gotta be 38-19 or better against FCS (UNI is good but not even top 10 FCS good) before I budge of my 7-5 prediction.

27-21 Iowa.
UNI will have ball at the end with a chance to win and I will be trying not to swear in front of my 5 year old son in section 130.

Iowa 35 UNI 13

Iowa starts out slow and gives all of us a minor heart attack. Then the Hawks start to dominate the L.O.S. in the 2nd quarter and pull away.

Iowa by <10, good chance it takes another "final drive" stop of UNI to seal it. 28-20 Hawks

Mark Farley believes offense is for scoring. KFZ believes it's for ball control.

Damn...the more I read about UNI's offense, the more concerned I become. This is far and away the best offensive team they have put out there. Our DL better be disruptive and we better bring pressure...or it's going to be a nail biter. This is a really, really good test for Iowa's defense...I don't think UNI will be intimidated at all and they will attack us. They believe they can win. We need to score early and often and put the pressure on them. The good thing is that I don't believe anyone on Iowa's team is overlooking anyone, including UNI. You don't go through spring and fall camp then think you have it in the bag...I think Iowa knows they need to take care of business.

Haven't really seen much out there about this but what do people feel the linebacking corps will look like for game 1? I have heard that Alston is pretty much a lock for the middle. After that I haven't really heard of any other definitive starters being named. Does anyone else have any info on who they think starts?

Latest posts