*** OFFICIAL UNI VS IOWA PREDICTION THREAD***

Northern Iowa is not a walk over by any means but I still think that Iowa has too much power and by the second half they should have the game in hand.
Iowa 42-23

Iowa 45
UNI 24

Worried more about Iowa's secondary than the offense in this game. Should be a lot of passing.

The key to the game will be how well Iowa's DL slows down the UNI offense.

UNI has a veteran and dynamic offense and if they're able to get the ball downfield at all, they're going to score some points.

The game will be in doubt until the 4th quarter. Iowa scores late and wins 27-20.

UNI is going to punch us in the mouth a few times...it will be interesting to see how the new starters react to it. Honestly, we have enough senior leadership to handle just about any type of adversity. The key to the game is taking advantage of opportunities (touchdowns, not field goals) and not turning the ball over. Turnovers are obviously the great equalizer. For those of you who don't think UNI will test our D in this game, you may be in for a visual assault on what you thought would happen in this game. This is a seasoned veteran offensive team with skill position players who have D1 talent. Our DL has to be disruptive, or they will score on us if the QB has time. I expect Phil Parker to trust his corners in some man coverage and turn a few linebackers loose on the QB, even early in the game. He knows he can't let this team get confident. As I said, I think Iowa wins the game if they don't turn it over or make bonehead plays in the red zone.

UNI is going to punch us in the mouth a few times...it will be interesting to see how the new starters react to it. Honestly, we have enough senior leadership to handle just about any type of adversity. The key to the game is taking advantage of opportunities (touchdowns, not field goals) and not turning the ball over. Turnovers are obviously the great equalizer. For those of you who don't think UNI will test our D in this game, you may be in for a visual assault on what you thought would happen in this game. This is a seasoned veteran offensive team with skill position players who have D1 talent. Our DL has to be disruptive, or they will score on us if the QB has time. I expect Phil Parker to trust his corners in some man coverage and turn a few linebackers loose on the QB, even early in the game. He knows he can't let this team get confident. As I said, I think Iowa wins the game if they don't turn it over or make bonehead plays in the red zone.

I will start it.

This game will be tougher than most think, no way I would pick Iowa to cover if the line is still around 16.

UNI- 20

Iowa- 31

I'm just gonna pat myself on the back for this. Got Iowa's score correct, only off by 3 on UNI's.

Re-skimming this thread, I'm actually pretty impressed how many foresaw this game being close. I remembered a lot of 42-10 type predictions, but in reality many people were picking < 10 pt margins.

This game scared the crap out of me all summer - I feel very fortunate we got the w with only a little sweating.

1) uni is a very good fcs program - they recruit well, are well coached, and have tremendous continuity as a result.
2) uni is really an "Iowa team" (take a look at their roster)
3) uni players walk around campus and see their fellow students decked out in Iowa/isu gear all year. If you don't think that roster/program gets enormous satisfaction from routinely beating isu/scaring the living crap outta Iowa, you're nuts.