official "these refs suck" thread

Gary and Ed have been commenting about the officiating, overuse of review and how long the reviews take. Dolphin tried to get Kirk to comment about the officiating on the postgame interview and he just laughed. He did say that the one seemed like a 5 minute review and really can kill momentum.

The booth official was bad. Just Bad bad. That magnified the faults of the field officials.

The fumble call was terrible too. No way was there indisputable evidence on the replay to overturn the call on the field. That was a touchdown for sure.
It may well have been fumbled before hitting the goalline, but I agree that there wasn't an angle that showed indisputable evidence to overturn the call. Unless there was an additional camera that the network didn't show us, which I highly doubt since we saw 3 or 4 camera angles.

Any video of the Easley overturn. I was in Humboldt at a family reunion and had to listen on the radio.

I was dumbstruck throughout the game on those calls. That goal line fumble was too close to overrule, that high stepping was NOT excessive (Michigan does worse after a first down). It technically wasn't even high-stepping. I could go on and on...my daughter and I starting playing a game of guessing the foul call and neither of us could guess one right. SHEESH, could someone tell me where these bums came from. No way those calls are made on any top 25 team.

I was dumbstruck throughout the game on those calls. That goal line fumble was too close to overrule, that high stepping was NOT excessive (Michigan does worse after a first down). It technically wasn't even high-stepping. I could go on and on...my daughter and I starting playing a game of guessing the foul call and neither of us could guess one right. SHEESH, could someone tell me where these bums came from. No way those calls are made on any top 25 team.

Worst was when NT was on defense next they got a hit in the backfield and he ran 15 yards celebrating and no call.

Any video of the Easley overturn. I was in Humboldt at a family reunion and had to listen on the radio.
It was bad. He broke the goal line with ball in arm. Play is over. It's not like making a continuation reception in end zone. There is no way there was indisputable evidence to overturn field call. Just bad.

The targeting call against NT was bad.

It was bad. He broke the goal line with ball in arm. Play is over. It's not like making a continuation reception in end zone. There is no way there was indisputable evidence to overturn field call. Just bad....

Truth. Legit beef for those who took Iowa to cover.:mad:

I did not. (Iowa and 22 points?? Uh, not this decade!) However, I did suffer the angst of that reversal making this game uncomfortably close for far too long.

For that unnerving inconvenience, these refs suck and should be tarred, feathered, quartered and their limbs dragged thru the streets.

A bad call here and there a person can cope with but what the hay was all that crap today. My my my that was horrid. The NCAA or whoever hires these guys should take a close look at this crew and make sure their careers are over. Terrible calls for both teams! smh

https://www.goiowaawesome.com/iowa-...-31-north-texas-14-good-teams-win-weird-games

This article has a bit about the officiating towards the end. The article also links a Marc Morehouse tweet. Apparently was the same big12 crew that screwed up the ok st. game last year and got suspended. Maybe in the future the university dips into that T.V. money and pays for decent officials. I mean MAC officials are better than Big12...

I thought the non-conference games the visiting team was responsible for hiring the officiating crews as they are not B10 crews? That's my recollection. I could be incorrect.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but it turned out that was a Big Ten crew yesterday. One of them was indeed involved in Okie St CMU game last year though.

people that are acting like the Refs have had no barring on the game have their head wedged somewhere deep...

That last TD drive would have never even happened if not for a ridiculous roughing and late hit call.
Exactly. Without the officiating that happened there, that game is probably 45 - 7 with the amount of impact that botched officiating job had on momentum and just the general tone of the game.

Maybe he meant ugly in the sense of getting irate. There was a lot of booing at the officials. Not as bad as the Northwestern game where fans started throwing water bottles onto the field and they had to make a PA announcement.

Latest posts