**Official South-Sider Thread**

No worries, the southridge mall reptile rescue is the glue that holds that mall together. That and the little shop with the swords, throwing stars, and hippy lettuce tools.

I'm a ninja. It's the only place I can find quality katanas and throwing stars. Don't be hatin'...

Last time I was in DM I went over to La Pizza House and found out it was closed. Only ate there a couple of times as most of my business takes me to the west side.

Their onion rings were the part I remembered. Slices so thin you could see through them and light flaky breading. I don't like the big, thick greasy onion ring with 1/4 " of breading that most places serve these days.

Who has the best rings in DM as I'll be there tomorrow for the Jimmy Buffett concert?

Last edited:
Last time I was in DM I went over to La Pizza House and found out it was closed. Only ate there a couple of times as most of my business takes me to the west side.

Their onion rings were the part I remembered. Slices so thin you could see through them and light flaky breading. I don't like the big, thick greasy onion ring with 1/4 " of breading that most places serve these days.

Who has the best rings in DM as I'll be there tomorrow for the Jimmy Buffet concert?

Thin, homemade rings? Felix and Oscars, Chicken Coop, the Tavern...I know there are more but I'm drawing a blank.

Who has the best rings in DM as I'll be there tomorrow for the Jimmy Buffett concert?

Yeah...those were good rings...

When you lived there, was the carpet orange shag or the multicolor orange, dark brown and cream shag?

Where have you been okeefe?

It was multicolor shag. We had 3 davenports that made a U around a coffee table with a TV at the end. When we lifted up those davenports and I saw the "original" color of the carpet I almost vomited.

Fleur Place was the jankiest place I lived until I moved into a Section 8 building on Cottage Grove.

It was multicolor shag. We had 3 davenports that made a U around a coffee table with a TV at the end. When we lifted up those davenports and I saw the "original" color of the carpet I almost vomited.

Fleur Place was the jankiest place I lived until I moved into a Section 8 building on Cottage Grove.

The InnTowner...probably worse. On Woodlawn across from Methodist hospital. A hotel convrted into apartments. Moved there when I was 18. I never had seen roaches before...and thought they were brown lightening bugs. A lot of brown lightening bugs. In winter. While sitting on the floor with my pizza box, an effing herd of them ran from under the bed, almost in a goose flying formation and ran up and over the box, across the pizza and out the other side. They were in a hurry to go somewhere.

The only other place with as many or more roaches was married student housing on Hawkeye Drive.

Last edited:
It was multicolor shag. We had 3 davenports that made a U around a coffee table with a TV at the end. When we lifted up those davenports and I saw the "original=" color of the carpet I almost vomited. Fleur Place was the jankiest place I lived until I moved into a Section 8 building on Cottage Grove.
The InnTowner...probably worse. On Woodlawn across from Methodist hospital. A hotel convrted into apartments. Moved there when I was 18. I never had seen roaches before...and thought they were brown lightening bugs. A lot of brown lightening bugs. In winter. While sitting on the floor with my pizza box, an effing heard of them ran from under the bed, almost in a goose flying formation and ran up and over the box, across the pizza and out the other side. They were in a hurry to go somewhere.The only other place with as many or more roaches was married student housing on Hawkeye Drive.
=Thanks for making me laugh

What the hell happened to my thread? It must suck being a cubs fan.

This thread was destined to be hijacked the second you named it
**Official South-Sider Thread** Should of just went with White Sox. Being a Cubs fan isn't so bad. It leaves us carefree knowing our team is going to do diddly *hit. That gives us more time to spend with our kids and wives. Being a Cubs fan makes you a better husband and dad...Thanks Cubs:D

Two people that call them davenports. You and my grandma.

Bordenaros on the south side have a medium size rings with some spiciness to them, Maxies on west grand has good thin rings

OMG I live just north of DSM airport so I used to live that close to OK4Pres. I dont know if I can handle the news.

The InnTowner...probably worse. On Woodlawn across from Methodist hospital. A hotel convrted into apartments. Moved there when I was 18. I never had seen roaches before...and thought they were brown lightening bugs. A lot of brown lightening bugs. In winter. While sitting on the floor with my pizza box, an effing heard of them ran from under the bed, almost in a goose flying formation and ran up and over the box, across the pizza and out the other side. They were in a hurry to go somewhere.

The only other place with as many or more roaches was married student housing on Hawkeye Drive.

Those brown bullets, were prolly screaming out of dodge, due to the giant sewer rat chewing a hole through your wall.

Latest posts