**Official South-Sider Thread**

pumpdog20

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to2V6Owk488&feature=related[/ame]

That is all, go Sox!

Last edited:
Love the mom and pop pizza joints on the south side probably won't be around in 10 years......Wait, this is about bleepin White Soxs, who cares.;)

Like La Pizza House?

b215746417.jpg

Yeah, pretty much, people like trendy(Gusto/Fong) or the cookie cutter, suburban, chain, restaurant/bar type places, nothing wrong with it the world is just changing.

As a south side Italian I can say we still support the local pizza places. La Pizza House's owner was getting very old and just retired/closed the place up. Some younger people started to reopen but it didnt last.

Bordenaro's, Paesanos and Orlando's have great pizza and other locally owned places like Tumea's and Baratta's have great food and pizza.

Consider this stupid white sox thread hijacked.

The Tumea Family didnt come to the States until the early 1960s so the kids who help the dad run it are first generation American.

Hey HawkFromNorwalk, I love Villagios pizza from Norwalk. Good sausage and big pepper rings with lots of good cheese.

Hey HawkFromNorwalk, I love Villagios pizza from Norwalk. Good sausage and big pepper rings with lots of good cheese.

Flat out honest...I've never tried it. But I have heard some good things so I think I will soon.

For some reason I don't think of Orlondo's as south side. In any case the food there is awesome and I could bathe myself in their creamy Italian dressing. Nothing's better than their combo sandwich smothered in that stuff...

Flat out honest...I've never tried it. But I have heard some good things so I think I will soon.

For some reason I don't think of Orlondo's as south side. In any case the food there is awesome and I could bathe myself in their creamy Italian dressing. Nothing's better than their combo sandwich smothered in that stuff...

Well in some ways West 44th street and Park Ave is not like old south side bottoms where most italian immigrants lived but it is definitely south side.

And yes Orlandos has great food, not haute cuisine but good old spicy food.

Awesome salads. A few slices after some cold beer is great.

Well in some ways West 44th street and Park Ave is not like old south side bottoms where most italian immigrants lived but it is definitely south side.

And yes Orlandos has great food, not haute cuisine but good old spicy food.

Awesome salads. A few slices after some cold beer is great.

Exactly. There were a few times I would roll into Orlondo's after league **** drunk and order a bunch of greasy goodness. Good times.

As a south side Italian I can say we still support the local pizza places. La Pizza House's owner was getting very old and just retired/closed the place up. Some younger people started to reopen but it didnt last.

Bordenaro's, Paesanos and Orlando's have great pizza and other locally owned places like Tumea's and Baratta's have great food and pizza.

Consider this stupid white sox thread hijacked.

The Tumea Family didnt come to the States until the early 1960s so the kids who help the dad run it are first generation American.

I always like La Pizza House and Bordenaro's. Didn't there used to be a Gino's?