!*****Official 'Quack & Screech' Game Thread*****!

One snowflake don’t make a blizzard, but that game was really fun. I was scared we might fold, but lots of poise at the end.
Just like two less than stellar games to start the season don’t make an entire season. We’ll see where they go from here.

IMO Oregon didn't impress but still a solid win. So I find it encouraging IMO but not getting TOO hyped over this one game. Possible Oregon is overrated but I'll enjoy the win for now. Should be a good resume win by end of year..

I liked the way Iowa handled the pressure, defense was serviceable and made FT's.
They may be overrated, but they were also preseason favorites to win the PAC12.

Iowa still not probably as good as they looked tonight, not as bad as last year. Can we all agree that having Connor is a huge upgrade at back up pg? He’s been great since game 1

Iowa still not probably as good as they looked tonight, not as bad as last year. Can we all agree that having Connor is a huge upgrade at back up pg? He’s been great since game 1
If they don’t look better later on in the season than they did tonight in only their 3rd game, then yes, it will be a rough season. My guess is they will improve on this game as the season progresses.

As someone who doubted him he’s starting to really impress me. He settles us down and is probably the strongest of our guards with the ball.

Smart dude, can handle the ball well and shoot free throws. He's solid

I think Iowa has some "gamer" type players in Connor M and Wieskamp. Iowa might be less prone to "chronic hawkeye chokitis"

Most surprised by...how big Kriener looks and plays. Much stronger.

Smart dude, can handle the ball well and shoot free throws. He's solid
Connor handles well, shoots FT’s, great entry passer to the post, doesn’t rush, knows how to run the offense and is a pass first PG. And I think he is a decent defender.

I'm still a firm believer that Wiskamp will be our 3rd best player at worst and he had a pretty bad night. Lots of room to improve as long as we keep the effort up. Connor might end up being a 28 minute per night guy. I found myself wishing he was back in whenever he was out.

If we end up being as good as we looked tonight and make it past the 2nd round in the NCAAs, I guarantee that we'll hear about how Garza has taken more of a leadership role on this team. That dude wants it more than anyone on the team.

I WAS WAAAY WRONG, ALRIGHT?!

Careful not to curse ‘em against the Huskies. U don’t know if you’ll see the same team tomorrow

Huskies are going to be somewhat tougher than the Ducks, for certain.....

The Hawks played together as a team and didn't panic at all, kept their composure and had ice water in their veins shooting free throws.....

They were ready to play and Fran played many players tonight so hopefully, we will not be exhausted. He gave the starters a lot of time on the bench and even played Riley Tilll.....

Damn

Last edited: