!*****Official 'Quack & Screech' Game Thread*****!

I'm just hoping Iowa is in the game at the end. A 10 point loss wouldn't be the worst. A 30 point loss means it's gonna be a long year.

Loyola lost by 30 (87-53) at Boise State last year (Nov 28). It's only one game. Loyola also had a 5 game losing streak in their conference in January. It didn't ruin their season.

That being said, let's hope it doesn't get out of hand. :)

Since tonight's game is at Madison Square Garden, I thought I would check a New York newspaper to see if they had anything to say about the game tonight.....

"When Oregon flies all the way to New York for two games at the end of the week, the Ducks will do so short-handed.
Louis King, one of the prized recruits of Oregon's No. 3-ranked incoming class, is still recovering from a knee injury and isn't expected back until December sometime.

Even with King missing, the Ducks still have Bol Bol, a 7-foot-2 freshman center who has dominated his first two college basketball games. Oregon (2-0) will need that type of contribution from Bol when it faces Iowa (2-0) on Thursday. Tipoff is set for 9:15 p.m. ET and will air on ESPN2 from Madison Square Garden.

In the season opener against Portland State, Pritchard scored 22 points, going 6 of 7 from the field and 9 of 9 from the free throw line. In the next game against Eastern Washington, Pritchard dictated the offense instead of scoring, finishing with eight assists and controlling the pace and tempo of the game.

The combination of Pritchard and Bol will be tested on Thursday against a good and veteran Iowa squad. The Hawkeyes return nearly everybody from last season's 14-19 team and are expected to a big step forward in the Big Ten while challenging for a spot in the NCAA Tournament.

"When you have low-post scorers, you have to get them the ball," McCaffery said. "We're doing a good job of getting them the ball, but just because we throw it in doesn't mean we have to shoot it."

The Hawkeyes are deep, having 10 players all average over 12 minutes per game. This will be vital to their success if they're going to try and slow down Oregon and play games on back-to-back days.

"We have enough bodies to handle two games in two days," McCaffery said. "I'll rotate personnel, but coming down the stretch, we'll probably have the key guys out there."

They seem to think the Hawks have a chance tonight.....

Damn

:cool:

?
Since tonight's game is at Madison Square Garden, I thought I would check a New York newspaper to see if they had anything to say about the game tonight.....

"When Oregon flies all the way to New York for two games at the end of the week, the Ducks will do so short-handed.
Louis King, one of the prized recruits of Oregon's No. 3-ranked incoming class, is still recovering from a knee injury and isn't expected back until December sometime.

Even with King missing, the Ducks still have Bol Bol, a 7-foot-2 freshman center who has dominated his first two college basketball games. Oregon (2-0) will need that type of contribution from Bol when it faces Iowa (2-0) on Thursday. Tipoff is set for 9:15 p.m. ET and will air on ESPN2 from Madison Square Garden.

In the season opener against Portland State, Pritchard scored 22 points, going 6 of 7 from the field and 9 of 9 from the free throw line. In the next game against Eastern Washington, Pritchard dictated the offense instead of scoring, finishing with eight assists and controlling the pace and tempo of the game.

The combination of Pritchard and Bol will be tested on Thursday against a good and veteran Iowa squad. The Hawkeyes return nearly everybody from last season's 14-19 team and are expected to a big step forward in the Big Ten while challenging for a spot in the NCAA Tournament.

"When you have low-post scorers, you have to get them the ball," McCaffery said. "We're doing a good job of getting them the ball, but just because we throw it in doesn't mean we have to shoot it."

The Hawkeyes are deep, having 10 players all average over 12 minutes per game. This will be vital to their success if they're going to try and slow down Oregon and play games on back-to-back days.

"We have enough bodies to handle two games in two days," McCaffery said. "I'll rotate personnel, but coming down the stretch, we'll probably have the key guys out there."

They seem to think the Hawks have a chance tonight.....

Damn

So you're saying there's a chance?!?!!

I’ve been watching the Packers game but from the little I’ve seen of this Cuse/UConn game, I don’t see us being athletic enough to hang with these 2 teams.

The more good college basketball I watch, the less hope I have for the season.

I’ve been watching the Packers game but from the little I’ve seen of this Cuse/UConn game, I don’t see us being athletic enough to hang with these 2 teams.

The more good college basketball I watch, the less hope I have for the season.

This X a 1000. The 18-21 wins that I predicted at the beginning of the year doesn't seem doable.

Lol-Oregon-e1451821642628.jpg

Fraschilla said Cuse 1.5mi bus ride from East side hotel took 90 mins to the Garden.

He said they could have walked but they would have gotten wet...WTF, it’s Syracuse- I think they’ve seen snow.

?

So you're saying there's a chance?!?!!

I am going to go out on a limb

Perhaps.....

I really have no clue how this one is going to go. The last two games did nothing to boost my confidence that we will win, but the last time we played at MSG we lost to Michigan in OT.....