Official other NCAA Tourney Games Thread (2nd Round)

My Man Mayhem's idiot brother has the basketball backboard over the gutters

Gotta love Mayhem

Gotta love Mayhem

As many of us did in those days.

No fancy Goliath poles and Plexiglas backboards. How many times did you shove, or get shoved, into the garage door while driving to the hoop.

I would like Auburn to win

Makes the Hawk loss look perhaps better

If such a thing is possible

I had a feeling that Auburn would give Houston a run for the money

Houston doesn't really look that impressive for a one seed
Think someone said they wanted in the 80's vs. Auburn but you do what Houston did. Play "D" keep them in the 60's. Bothered them and move them off where they are comfortable and they were 2 for 20 at one stretch and they couldn't hit free throws and Houston hit all their free throws. They have a good plan there in Houston. Solid, tried and true good basketball gonna work home and away, in conference and in the tournament. Disrupt the other guy, rebound, hit your free throws and have a couple of guys that can get a big basket. The kind of guys Iowa can get are on that team. Wouldn't mind if Fran woke up and had an epiphany and said hey let's do something a bit different. :)

Last edited:

Gotta love Mayhem

Why is there gutter running across the front? On the sides where it actually runs down and pitched towards the rear cause you run water away from the driveway esp. where it is cold enough to ice up. Guess it really adds to the curb appeal ;)

Xavier is so fun to watch right now. Can't say that about many other teams in the tournament. It has been fairly unwatchable for the most part.

Xavier is so fun to watch right now. Can't say that about many other teams in the tournament. It has been fairly unwatchable for the most part.
Team's don't even know how to run the break anymore. The three point shot has destroyed it.

Instead of getting the ball handler in the middle of the floor and filling the lanes on either side, players now just fan out to the line, for shots that statistics say they have a 30 to 35 % chance of making.

Sparty's going to win because they have guards who can finish at the rim.

And because Shaka Smart is on the other bench.

They did get away with goaltending however. That WAS goaltending.