OFFICIAL Official "We're back" Thread

Not back yet. Not in tip 25. Not in top half of big. Loss to Mac team. No conf. Games played yet. Haven't made the tourney. Not back yet.

OK I give up momentarily...

IOWA is BACK

only thru "THE END OF THE FRICKIN" WORLD AS WE KNOW IT"

Coppin State waits.

Bad news like academically ineligible players await, along with a disgruntled player announces his decision to transfer over the weekend.

The world is over and I suspect the last 3 scenarios aren't going to happen. (Unlike year after year over the past 10 years)

IOWA is BACK

Admit it.

Have yet to beat (or even play) a single ranked team. I think that should be a requirement to be back.

It's pretty simple you're not back when you make back to back NIT tournaments. You are back when you make the dance, if the clowns made some comment like this we'd rip them apart. If we go 6-12 in Big Ten play we're not back. That being said I'm fully confident that we will probably make it this year and if not almost certain next year. But until then I'd put our current status as We are on the Way Back.

It's pretty simple you're not back when you make back to back NIT tournaments. You are back when you make the dance, if the clowns made some comment like this we'd rip them apart. If we go 6-12 in Big Ten play we're not back. That being said I'm fully confident that we will probably make it this year and if not almost certain next year. But until then I'd put our current status as We are on the Way Back.

Iowa has a team thats fun to watch. The coaching staff is great. Fans are looking forward to the games. When lickliter was here, the people looking forward to the game was the other team. I don't know how the season will turn out, but I think Iowa is back. Hopefully, Fran will bring Iowa beyond being back in due time.

giphy.gif

What a freakin mess for the small number of us that think we should keep pace with Wisconsin.

I knew we were totally effed when I heard the knew AD was from Wyoming. My God that’s like buying an effing Pinto. :mad:

The prude administrative bastards were high fiving each other on that day. I am also sure they all went down in a 1968 flowered painted Volkswagen van and voted for gay marriage in Iowa the year that was passed as law. Marijuana smoke probably poured out of the van as they opened the doors at the voting precinct.

This is a sports fans nightmare.

Was I really being insensitive? This conversation is happening in the XF thread.

Yes, some would say it was insensitive. I’m not saying that. I don’t think what Dolph said about King Kong was insensitive. The reason I say that is because he would have said the same thing about any other player that had over whelming gifted and physical abilities REGARDLESS of race. Haters are going to hate and look for any opportunity to stir up hatred. I have lived or worked in the poorest part of Denver and Atlanta and I loved the people there because of their humility and kindness. Unfortunately a low percentage of that area causes trouble for everyone else.

When I start picking on coaches it’s not because I am a hater. I just want to win at a higher level. I am not talking Alabama level here. Is it too much for us to keep up with the Wisconsins??? We are not getting it done. The only people who would agree that we are, are really luke warm fans who just want to cheer like they are at a youth soccer league for six year olds.

I have ALWAYS said I want nothing more than the best for our current coaches and for them to become more successful. If that happened then they both would be welcome to stay as long as they want.

I didn't post anywhere yesterday as it was a work travel day, but I stayed on top of the news, so like most Hawk fans, I was disappointed in an epic fail of a recruiting battle, and then disappointed again when I periodically checked the score of the DePaul game.

I would say "we are back", in fact, back to a season that will languish in mediocrity and cause a few nuclear meltdowns among many posters on these boards. But I also did not believe we were going to be all that competitive this year regardless, so other than hopes for an NIT bid, I am not surprised at the game. Just because DePaul was picked to finish last in the Big East does not mean that would bear out. It is a good conference with more success than the B1G recently.

It is the recruiting that has long range issues, and while Foster may not have been the overall answer, it is indicative of the perception that we are a mid major program in a major conference. Occasionally the stars will align, we will sneak into the tourney and may have success for a game or two. Thats pretty much it.

I won't go into the reasons Mr. Davis was let go, that has been rehashed many times. But the similarity in what we are
NOT accomplishing does bear at least passing mention.

I suggest we all secure a lot of Tums/Rolaids for the coming months, and monitor the BP levels diligently.......

I didn't post anywhere yesterday as it was a work travel day, but I stayed on top of the news, so like most Hawk fans, I was disappointed in an epic fail of a recruiting battle, and then disappointed again when I periodically checked the score of the DePaul game.

I would say "we are back", in fact, back to a season that will languish in mediocrity and cause a few nuclear meltdowns among many posters on these boards. But I also did not believe we were going to be all that competitive this year regardless, so other than hopes for an NIT bid, I am not surprised at the game. Just because DePaul was picked to finish last in the Big East does not mean that would bear out. It is a good conference with more success than the B1G recently.

It is the recruiting that has long range issues, and while Foster may not have been the overall answer, it is indicative of the perception that we are a mid major program in a major conference. Occasionally the stars will align, we will sneak into the tourney and may have success for a game or two. Thats pretty much it.

I won't go into the reasons Mr. Davis was let go, that has been rehashed many times. But the similarity in what we are
NOT accomplishing does bear at least passing mention.

I suggest we all secure a lot of Tums/Rolaids for the coming months, and monitor the BP levels diligently.......

Plop plop, fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is ... :)

Latest posts