Official NW prediction thread

Let's not forget that this game has been a total mismatch of emotion for the last several years. Iowa's D is also Persa's favorite to play against, which means his confidence will be sky high even if he's not 100% healthy. Iowa's O had better show up with their **** hot to win in a shootout.
Prediction: I have no effing idea, but GO HAWKS!!

NW 35 - Iowa 28

Northwestern throws a total of 22 ten yard curl routes while our defensive backs sit 15 yards off the LOS. We don't make any changes.

Offense will score because their D is turrible.

Their 10 yard curl route vs our 5 yard slants should be twice as effective so more like 35 - 17.

NW - 38 -Iowa's d can't stop anything...

Iowa - 35 - just coming up short as KF gets out coached by Fitz yet again.

Northwestern 27, Iowa 24

Their defense may not be good statistically, but their aggression usually gets the best of us. I think the Hawks roll up over 400 yards, but most of it comes on a few big plays and they get bitten on offense by turnovers and untimely sacks. Hawkeye D actually plays solid within the scheme, but too many 8-10 yard completions by Northwestern slowly pick them apart, especially in the 4th quarter after the comparative number of plays run staggers in NW's favor.

Iowa-42
NW-24

NW's pass D is awful, Vandy-McNutt-Davis-Manly bounce back and blow up for a combined 350+ passing/recieving yards. Coker gets going late in the game for 2 TDs. Kinnick will be rocking! Hawks are up early and stay up! NW has a garbage time TD. Say what you want, but for some reason I feel like this will be the game that the team really starts to click. Im not saying we will win every game the rest of the season, but this will be a good game. I'll be back after the game Saturday night to tell everyone i told ya so. :D

I was wrong about 350 plus yards, but got Coker's 2 TDs guessed perfectly and if NW didn't score with 3 mins left in the game my prediction was almost spot on. Told ya so!:D

Missed on the 350. Missed on the Hawks getting up and staying up. You were right on Coker getting 2 TD's, but one James did all the work on.

But all in all, yours was the closest in spirit.

Missed on the 350. Missed on the Hawks getting up and staying up. You were right on Coker getting 2 TD's, but one James did all the work on.

But all in all, yours was the closest in spirit.

In all fairness though, the hawks did get up big right away so I got half of that prediction right haha. As long as the hawks won though, 75% of the people on here didn't believe in em.

Latest posts