***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT THREAD***

You do realize that you are only perpetuating the perception that ISU fans are obsessed with beating Iowa, right? Congratulations on beating us last year when we were exceptionally mediocre. I would think you would be more concerned with doing things like winning more than 6 games in a season or putting more than 1 player into the NFL every 3 years. If your satisfaction as a Cyclone fan comes from beating Iowa then you fit very well with the Cyclone fans I know who have no expectations, and just want to beat Iowa. You should probably aim higher with your goals for your football team.
This is an Iowa message board, it would prove to be pretty irrelevant if I posted ISU wins over other schools such as The University of Iowa-Cedar Falls, Minnesota, UConn, etc. etc....Other message boards I would post highlights of those games that would be of greater relevance to that message board, thus stirring up the proverbial pot which I have successfully accomplished tonight.

This is an Iowa message board, it would prove to be pretty irrelevant if I posted ISU wins over other schools such as The University of Iowa-Cedar Falls, Minnesota, UConn, etc. etc....Other message boards I would post highlights of those games that would be of greater relevance to that message board, thus stirring up the proverbial pot which I have successfully accomplished tonight.

Let me speak your language, goo goo gah gah, gah gah goo goo, there I think he can comprehend now

Let me speak your language, goo goo gah gah, gah gah goo goo, there I think he can comprhend now
Cool_abbfab_1578124.jpg

CycloneBlake- why do you have to make ISU alumni/fans look like idiots. I am an ISU alumni, live in Ames, and am a hawkeye fan, but the only time I ever see ISU fans spouting off about the hawks is from idiot college kids or on here. Why be stupid and not have a civil conversation, or stay on CF and make fun of the hawks there.

Vikings did well, Packers faired ok, not really sure who I wanted there for them, but not sure if this one will work out or not. We'll see.

tannehill = every noter lame QB drafted in the past 25 years
destined to be a huge bust

Was thinking same. Just from his demeanor at the draft. Chomping his gum and looked lost. Went the wrong way leaving the draft stage. Didn't strike me as a leader of men.

Was thinking same. Just from his demeanor at the draft. Chomping his gum and looked lost. Went the wrong way leaving the draft stage. Didn't strike me as a leader of men.
Well, if they had made KOK the QB coach instead of WR, I'd say he's destined fro stardom, but with Sherman, likely a big ole bust. ;)

Vikings did very well for themselves in the first round. Say what you want about the team but Speilman is a very good GM.

I agree, I am not a Vikings fan (Steelers fan) and the everlasting memory of the Herschel Walker trade always looms in memory when I think of them, but the draft picks they've made in the first round since he's been around have been A grade.

I am not sure they gave up a little bit much for the Harrison Smith pick, but I like the pick.

I agree, I am not a Vikings fan (Steelers fan) and the everlasting memory of the Herschel Walker trade always looms in memory when I think of them, but the draft picks they've made in the first round since he's been around have been A grade.

I am not sure they gave up a little bit much for the Harrison Smith pick, but I like the pick.

I'm a little iffy on that as well. Almost would have rather they stay an pull that G Tech WR in the 2nd. But I think Smith is going to be a leader on the field and Vikes need help at safety.

To win the NFC North you need a pass rush and some guys who can cover and play CF versus the likes of Rodgers and Stafford. Vikes have Allen who can rush one side but the rest of their dl looked lost last year.

Good draft for them imo so far even though I'm a Pack guy. The Perry pick for the Pack is solid imo. He comes from USC which runs a pro style D with old man Kiffin and he's a hybrid DE/OLB.

OUch. Mohamad Sanu prank-called in first round of 2012 NFL Draft - CBSSports

Mohamad Sanu prank-called in first round of 2012 NFL Draft

In our 2012 NFL Draft first round winners and losers post early Friday morning, I didn't mention the story of Rutgers receiver Mohamad Sanu. But man, he had a brutal Thursday night as he waited/hoped to be called.

And he did get a phone call. Just not the one he wanted.

The person on the other end of the phone said he was with the Bengals and that they were selecting him with the No. 27 pick. Predictably, Sanu lit up with joy. The problem, though, was that the Bengals weren't calling Sanu. No NFL team was.

Instead, it was a prank-call, and it worked.

"This is a great kid, I guarantee you, and someone played a cruel joke on him," his agent, Mike McCartney told Sports Illustrated's Peter King. "It is unreal that someone would do that, but it happened."

Sanu wasn't considered a first-round guy, but he probably should be drafted sometime Friday. As Rob Rang explained in his recent Big Board explanation, “There are plenty of receivers in the 2012 draft with greater speed and natural playmaking ability than Sanu. But for my money few are safer NFL prospects than the former Rutgers star ... The 6-2, 211-pound Sanu has the bulk and physicality to play immediately at split end as well as move inside. That versatility will get him onto the field early in his career. His toughness and dedication will keep him there.”

He'll need his toughness on the field -- and apparently to deal with the scum off it.

Latest posts