Official Michigan @ Iowa game thread

Iowa lost at home in a game they needed to win, they have an uphill battle. Needed to be better than tonight. Opportunities still in front of them.

Yeah, I thought the hawks would take this one, they had been humming on offense and playing pretty good Dee. And Mich has been just avg all year.

A very disappointing loss and I know the players are down about it. They looked like they struggled a lot to get their shots.

Wis 3 bigs, Kofi, Eddy/Williams(2), Rutgers big, Dickinson/Diabate, Dbl OT at PSU.
Just don't have a big for these teams.
Nunge having a great season at Xavier.

Change lineup again?? Got outscored by 7 the first 6.5min of each half.
14pts a lot to make up over the other 27min

Wis 3 bigs, Kofi, Eddy/Williams(2), Rutgers big, Dickinson/Diabate, Dbl OT at PSU.
Just don't have a big for these teams.
Nunge having a great season at Xavier.

Change lineup again?? Got outscored by 7 the first 6.5min of each half.
14pts a lot to make up over the other 27min

Very poor play design on the last offensive possession. It’s ok to let Bo take the last shot but he shouldn’t be dribbling it up from under their basket. That took way to much time. Needed a pass to around mid court, then a pass to Murray and then to Bohanan.

Gotta give our boys credit for fighting back to at least have a shot at it.

With 4.9 seconds don't know there's time for 2 passes and a shot. VERY poor decision by Bohannan to shoot, tho, when he did. Even if a foul was to be called it would have been called 'on the floor' when he felt it -- not after he went into his shooting motion. There's no 'continuation foul' in college like the NBA. He was basically past the guy, had time for 1 or 2 more dribbles, then he could have either 1) taken a much better shot; or 2) stopped suddenly and leaned over into the guy to draw a foul from behind when in the shooting motion. Either option would have been preferable to what he did. Just a poor decision.

* I’ve seen better intensity on D from Iowa
* Not much from our 3 pt game / Bohannon 2 attempts
* Few points from the fast break / transition game
* Crowd is more like a neutral court
I was there. The crowd was actually very good at the right times.

Wasn’t gonna post but can’t help myself. Did the refs from the first half get replaced by pod people at halftime. Non-calls and touch fouls against Iowa. Did someone call them at half time? What a change of style.
After the refs nailed Howard with a T that almost led to a second T given his outburst, they basically swallowed their whistles in the 2nd half. Dickson should have fouled out. We had 9 inside shots that we missed, each of which could have, arguably, resulted from a M foul. The refs did catch up and then some when M made their late run to ho up 11.
Watch the second half on the DVR.