***OFFICIAL*** MELTDOWN THREAD

Check the time-stamp on the OP. It was pretty f'n gloomy when I initiated the thread. :eek:

I know, just gotta give you crap. We were all in meltdown mode, you were just the only one brave enough to start the meltdown thread (official, it seems :D). Might have just turned the game around for us, so you might deserve some credit!

I ain't gonna meltdown, though I wanted to in the first half. Yes, we won. But I am very worried. We are not good. Never been so depressed after a win.

I know, just gotta give you crap. We were all in meltdown mode, you were just the only one brave enough to start the meltdown thread (official, it seems :D). Might have just turned the game around for us, so you might deserve some credit!

I give credit for this win to THEBOAT. He said early in the week that he had game tickets and therefore the Hawks would win big. I see now that he meant a big comeback win, not a big margin of victory. :D

We're embarrassing to watch. This conservative, boring, dinosaur style of play is outdated and easy to plan for. We so far have mustered 10 points against a team that just allowed 30 to Maine, and 16 to Buffalo. Pitt is 57th in Overall O and 66th in overall D, yet they make us look like a junior high team. We're out coached, out classed, and undisciplined. What a turd of a season.

I'm thinking it is 2007 all over again with some of these posts.....people have short memories.

In all fairness to myself, I wasn't in meltdown mode. I was speaking the truth-what I've been saying since last season. Our conservative style isn't working, that's apparent. I get so frustrated (as do many) when we seemingly beat our head's against the wall with the same B.S. over and over. When I say conservative, I'm not advocating throwing the ball 50 times a games either. Schematically, our running attack has been incredibly simple.

Look what happened when we took the hand cuffs off the O. Our play calling was forced to be aggressive and Vandy was able to establish a rhythm, loosen the D and move the ball. We need to (at least for now) throw to set up the run. Teams are stacking the box and we refuse to evolve our game plan. Let Vandy be Vandy, let him do what comes natural to him.

We will remember this game and thread when we are celebrating a 12-1 Big Ten Championship in Indianapolis.

I give credit for this win to THEBOAT. He said early in the week that he had game tickets and therefore the Hawks would win big. I see now that he meant a big comeback win, not a big margin of victory. :D

f2b5cdf8-9dae-4bbb-9d3f-f500e1abf59c.jpg

Most of you fans are great passinoate people, but some of you fans are the most fickle fans I've ever seen. If the team is doing great you act like it was your doing. If they're doing terrible you jump ship and don't want to be associated with the team. I heard booing on at least 3-4 three and outs in the third quarter yesterday followed by seeing fans exiting the stadium.

I think you are off base on this one. The looked terrible for about 3 quarters but I thought the coaching moves were better. Penalties are a problem and that is coaching but can be corrected. Lots of new players at new positions.
Let's see what the next game or two brings.
The most disturbing to me was the older players with penalties. We have some good young players who are going to get better.

Most of you fans are great passinoate people, but some of you fans are the most fickle fans I've ever seen. If the team is doing great you act like it was your doing. If they're doing terrible you jump ship and don't want to be associated with the team. I heard booing on at least 3-4 three and outs in the third quarter yesterday followed by seeing fans exiting the stadium.

Uh, that goes for every fanbase. I would be pretty ****** to with the way the offense was playing the first 3 quarters.

This team and coaching staff TOTALLY SUCK and we will not win another game this season.
I don't believe in booing college kids, so I can't advocate that, but I'd love a chance to get in KF's face and express my disappointment. :mad:

i think i should post to put this thread back at the front so everyone can get a look at it right? can't let this thread disappear, right vintage? ha

In my section the only booing I heard was directed at the officials.

I will say this much. The coaching staff still doesn't get it. The reason why we won is because the hurry up threw Pitt out of whack they didn't react to it well at all. Gee KOK look what happens when you mix things up..just call plays and let the kids play.

They've got JVB and Coker thinking about things too much.

Latest posts