***OFFICIAL*** MELTDOWN THREAD

KOK, yes, because he showed he can call a game when allowed.

Ferentz, no, because his style got us to that point in the first place.

I'm sorry ... but you're wrong.

The issue boils down more to player execution.

Many of our issues on O were self-inflicted ... and quite stupid. Some blown blocks ... some penalties ... and all that. Of course, we also suffered some from bad calls too.

AND, on D, we had 2 new starters at safety ... and Hyde was switched back to CB. That's a lot of change in the secondary for just a week of change. Such an abrupt change can lead to communication issues ... and that can negatively impact execution.

Specifically, we bit hard on the run for Pitt's first TD ... and on their second TD, while the refs missed a call, it's also true that our CB who as on a island left his man when he shouldn't have. Those are mistakes ... and fortunately correctable ones.

The reason why we were in a holes was due to the players ... however, the credit also goes to the player for stepping up and digging themselves out too!

For as poor as the execution was through the first 2.5 quarters ... the last 1.5 quarters was excellent!

Homer = #1 KF Apologist of All Time

Nope. I point out when he makes errors.

Ferentz and Co suck when it comes to time management in games.

Furthermore, Ferentz and Co will often not take quite as many chances as I'd like to see (like not going for it on 4th and goal near the goal-line).

Also, some poor personnel decisions were made in '06 ... in particular, he tends to lean a bit too heavily on experience rather than allowing for younger, more talented players to gain experience (and make plays). Of course, there is at least logic to his line of reasoning. It usually is a smart decision to play the guy who is more consistent ... even if he doesn't make quite as many plays. That makes sense ... particularly when you consider how rare events can really swing momentum in football.

Of course, to Ferentz and Co's credit ... they've been MUCH better recently when it comes to letting younger guys play.

The problem is Vintage ... that you tend to lean more on emotion than the facts.

Hmmm...interesting you know me so well that you understand why I did that. Again, great insight...you add so much to a discussion.

Oooook partner, ok. Check out my post history, I usually do stay on track with discussion about the Hawks.

Just had to call out all the people in this thread that are so quick to throw the staff and players under the bus when things arent going well. Hilarious that fans are calling for the staff to be fired during a game in which we WON.

Oooook partner, ok. Check out my post history, I usually do stay on track with discussion about the Hawks.

Just had to call out all the people in this thread that are so quick to throw the staff and players under the bus when things arent going well. Hilarious that fans are calling for the staff to be fired during a game in which we WON.

Okay, got it. People can't question coaching decisions, or disagree with certain philosophies. Thanks. Since you're so on top of things, please show me where I threw the players under the bus or asked that coaches be fired. Thanks in advance.

Okay, got it. People can't question coaching decisions, or disagree with certain philosophies. Thanks. Since you're so on top of things, please show me where I threw the players under the bus or asked that coaches be fired. Thanks in advance.

I never once said it was you that threw players/coaches under the bus. You responded to my initial post by being a jack*** so I was one right back.

I have no problem with people questioning things, its when all they say is "We suck" or "Fire the entire staff" that irritates me.

I never once said it was you that threw players/coaches under the bus. You responded to my initial post by being a jack*** so I was one right back.

I have no problem with people questioning things, its when all they say is "We suck" or "Fire the entire staff" that irritates me.

Fair enough Section. But when you quote my post and say what you did in your response I'm gonna assume you're talking to/about me.

Latest posts