***Official Iowa vs Penn St Game Thread***

Who win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gotta give your defense a chance, no problem kicking it. Stanley lost this game in the first half leaving points on the field.

I would put it on the O line. He did hold onto the ball, but man our O line was terrible at times. If you have the...courage... to rewatch you can see our Guards getting absolutely blown up, sometimes not even touching the D lineman on their way to meeting a ball carrier or Stanley in the backfield.

On an unrelated note, why didn't we try an onsides kick?

two weeks in a row, winnable games. offensive ineptitude, turnovers, drops, bad throws, bad decisions, and blitzes everybody knows are coming. defense played well enough to win. need to figure something out with the punt return game. should have won this game. should have won last week. defense played well enough. dang it.

shampoo, rinse, repeat.

you got a freshman center playing next to different guys every week. we haven't started the same oline a single game this year. having said that, on the fumble, if you watch the replay the safety for penn state is screaing because he knows the play, he's telling guys what the play is and where its going and we block zero people. goodson had no chance. 100 out of 100 running backs would have fumbled that ball.

Here's the deal. I like nate Stanley. great young guy. tries his best. has a cannon for an arm. For whatever reason, he can not win us a football game. He can not make the plays that are necessary to go win us a game. I'm not an everything is on the qb guy. Guys can't make drops in big situations, guys need to go do what brandon smith did but our guys rarely do, and go make a big play, a big catch, and help him out. we need to scheme better and block better and everything. having said that. for two straight seasons, in every big game (wiscy, psu twice, heck isu this year, Michigan) he has been unable to go win us a game when we needed him to. Qb's legacies are determined by their ability to go win you a game when you need it, he can't. he'll end up with some records, and be 2nd in a few more areas, but he won't have gone and won us a big game except isu two years ago. maybe miss state in the bowl game last year. but our big ten games, he's o-fer. and that's just not good enough. if we lose another game this season were done. if that happens, we need to switch qb's.

No kidding. It's a huge bummer. Defense played lights out the last two games.

Why is our O line SO bad?

Its really concerning. Honestly I dont get it. It's the one thing you could always bank on, at least having a decent oline. It's been regressing, it seems, for a few years. Any one weak link can make the oline avg....I think we have a couple....which is breaking the oline.

Here's the deal. I like nate Stanley. great young guy. tries his best. has a cannon for an arm. For whatever reason, he can not win us a football game. He can not make the plays that are necessary to go win us a game. I'm not an everything is on the qb guy. Guys can't make drops in big situations, guys need to go do what brandon smith did but our guys rarely do, and go make a big play, a big catch, and help him out. we need to scheme better and block better and everything. having said that. for two straight seasons, in every big game (wiscy, psu twice, heck isu this year, Michigan) he has been unable to go win us a game when we needed him to. Qb's legacies are determined by their ability to go win you a game when you need it, he can't. he'll end up with some records, and be 2nd in a few more areas, but he won't have gone and won us a big game except isu two years ago. maybe miss state in the bowl game last year. but our big ten games, he's o-fer. and that's just not good enough. if we lose another game this season were done. if that happens, we need to switch qb's.

I souldnt read all of this because of the lack of paragrphs and what not.

BUT we need a coaching staff that puts our players in a position to succeed. I dont think we have that on the offensive side of the ball.

The defense, even with our small town slow, white safety always has a good game. Because our coach puts them in a position to succeed, We lack that on offense.

Latest posts