OFFICIAL IOWA vs PENN ST GAME THREAD

There's only 5 minutes left on the clock. Maybe we can crawl into a shell and give the ball back to the PSU O before the half?

We're fortunate to be down by 3. Our Defense is playing well, just had a couple of breaks go in favor of PSU. You've got to feel good if that's still the score going in at half. Very winnable. Just gonna need a stop or two on defense.

Watch film....Nielson has not been good at all this year. He was great until his injury last year, but it seems like he's lost a step and misses a lot of tackles this year

I've watched him. He's been injured....still better than a lot we've had at Iowa.

Anybody else watching the game on ESPN having issues? All my ESPN channels are having issues and ONLY the ESPN ones.

I'm a big Norm fan, and I don't mean this to be a shot at him....but the defense is hard to watch

Absolutely no D-line penetration at all. Really need to step it up there. The rest of the D has been mostly in position (save the sideline routes) but definitely needs to start tackling better.

Neilson is absolutely brutal this year. It just really seems he never really got over the neck injury.

Really hope he stays on the sidelines.

We're fortunate to be down by 3. Our Defense is playing well, just had a couple of breaks go in favor of PSU. You've got to feel good if that's still the score going in at half. Very winnable. Just gonna need a stop or two on defense.

+1. Our offense is moving the ball. But they need more opportunities, which means our D getting off the field quickly.

This is EXACTLY the ONLY way Penn State had any chance to win -- let their offense continue to build confidence, keep the crowd in it and they score first. This puts all the pressure on Iowa's very below average D (the worst LB crew since the mid 2000's) and allows PSU's D to settle in and play to their strength. Watch for some crazy pressure from them on this drive to get JVB rattled.

If Iowa does not answer with a TD here, to reverse the slow ebb towards PSU, this is going to turn into a 24 - 13 loss.

Latest posts