***OFFICIAL Iowa vs Baylor NIT Championship game thread***

it's been fun ... big thanks to Eric May for his work getting the program righted ... see you boys/girls in the fall

I guess that's a typical Scott Drew game. Lot of talent, plenty of arrogance, lacking discipline and class.

I could say youth, but for some reason I don't think you would agree. Your welcome to your opinion...I personally think the team was mentally tough. But shot poorly in many games...including this one.
I can't argue with that, it was a big part of it. And a fair amount of soft play by the bigs. Way too many little fade aways from Woody, Besabi, and GO. Look at how the Baylor bigs attacked the basket, that's what our guys have got to start doing. And if they keep shooting poorly, they are not going to be breaking through to the next level.

I hope Peter Jok can ball like these athletes from Baylor..we need athletes
Well, he's a gamer, but I don't know if he's got the hops like those guys. He was really ****** when VHS lost to Roosevelt, he slammed a table. I hope he brings that drive and it rubs off on the softies we have for bigs.

yeah i guess im not allowed to be disappointed from this game
The cool aide drinking Tavern Hawks that never darkened a doorway in a classroom in Iowa City seem to think that criticism is not allowed. If you can't look at yourself or your team and honestly assess what needs to be improved upon, that makes one more of a clone. I get angry when I know they could have done better.

Play of the game Walton taking one to the nads or whatever. Stat of the game 18-69 and 5-24. Ball game. Sucks to shoot that poorly your last game. This loss was self inflicted. It happens sometimes...sucks that it did on a big stage.

The problems of the season were on display in this final game. Stating the obvious here about the Hawks:

Shooting. Quite a number of open looks that rimmed in-out. And our bigs can't take a step 4 feet from the basket and flush it.
Stupid turnovers. Especially dribbling into trouble and having the ball stripped.
We have players with rock hands, a few with weak hands, and a few with both.
A young team is going to take two steps forward and one step back.

Stating the obvious about the tv team.
Raftery and Knight were just plain bad.
1. The story about West Point/Raftery/Knight was boring the first time. I didn't need to hear it sixteen more times.
2. I would have liked commentary on this game; not games from Knight's ancient history.

I finally muted it.

Stating the about Fran:
1. He shortened his bench in the post-season (a concern by a few noisy crowd)
2. I like how he switches the defenses.
3. I like his fire whether it's getting after referees or players that aren't doing their job.

About the referees:
Was Baylor also showing their soccer prowess? Two kicked balls not called. Poor job there. Otherwise, not a bad job.

I like this team. I like this coaching staff.

I disagree with Jon that this was a "great" season. NIT and "great" season is oxymoronic.

It wasn't great, but it was a good season.

Pretty much every team plays like **** at points in the season. We've played like ****, what, 3 times this year? Tonight was one of those nights. Too me, it's nothing to get too upset with and considering we know what the weaknesses of the team are and we know they will be addressed I don't really care about tonight's game honestly. It really means nothing in the long run.

I was bowling league last night and was stuck on a set of lanes that didn't have a TV near them. Guess that was a good thing. Can't believe they pee'd it down their legs so bad.