Official Iowa v Ohio State Game Thread

good summary. people acting like Iowa was physically their equals and KF just screwed it up. most of the time though the better team wins. it's like a surprise to some people.

The first half Iowa looked their equal and more. Something changed at half. They stopped taking what the defense gave them. JR wasn't checking at the line anymore. The same thing happened vs. MSU. Somebody is getting in his head and telling him not to check or something.

OSU is good. They creeped up and we couldn't take advantage. But the lack of checking out of bad plays in the second half just looked weird - especially since it was working in the first.

All things considered, I gotta say that the team represented themselves better today than I had expected. I'm not one for moral victories...don't believe in them. But there were some undeniable positives in this game. I thought the coaches put together a good game plan: pound the ball, keep it out of OSU's hands and work the TE's in the short game. Not only was it a solid game plan, but it may have been the best I've seen the team execute in the Greg Davis era.

Harbinger for the future or a fluke? Time will tell.

Your half right as in the first half. The second half not so much.

Later, Folks, the Jivea** Fools are starting to show up......

We played decently and had them worried the first half......

:cool:

I'm not sure the TE targets fell off that much in the second. Jake was certainly getting pressured more and wasn't as acurate and there were a couple of drops. Haven't actually checked the stats, though.

Here is why Phil Parker's defensive game plan, if you call it that, stunk. It is because his D gave up 6 yards per rush and an 82% pass completion rate. In addition, Iowa did not force a punt. That is incredibly horrible. Yes Iowa was physical, but they usually are.

Absolutely pathetic effort from Phil Parker who had 2 weeks to prepare. The Cb's were 10 yards off the ball, the safety's to no ones surprise were caught yet again out of position and Iowa rarely tried to blitz I guess because they thought they'd get burned which happened anyway.

The offensive game plan by GD was pretty darn good in the first half with 9 completions to the TE's. That group ended the game with 11. Iowa went away offensively from the thing that worked best in the 1st half.

The coaching staff proves once again they cannot manage an entire game. I feel sad for the players.

What would your gameplan have been? Keep in mind that your secondary is bad so if your plan calls for any man to man you're giving up 60 points.

Nobody seemed to have your back on your claim so that's not denial.

Sorry guy. Maybe next him I'm in Omaha I you can call me "sweet prince" in person. :D

Oh...now your mad...and did you just infer I'd be scared of you if we met? Maybe...these days ya never know. But let me know when ur in Omaha...I'll buy ya a beer and we can cheer on the Hawks together.

This online thing is crazy.

Let me help you out, you pathetic loser.....

I shall correct your ignorant spelling for you for free....

Here is the correct way to write your garbage.....

YOU'RE half right as in the first half. The second half not so much.....

You are a hopeless chump. You really should stop while you still have the slightest shred of credibility left....

Loss is disappointing, but it is hard to be mad at the players today. The played hard. OSU was just a better team.

Offense was well prepared. GD did a good job of getting the team ready. Halftime adjustments sucked *** though, as usual. Don't know why Rudock stopped making audibles, but that hurt a lot in the second half.

Our defense was out-matched, but I feel like the coaching staff could have done a better job of being aggressive and mixing things up. Man, we really need some defensive backs...

Loss is disappointing, but it is hard to be mad at the players today. The played hard. OSU was just a better team.

Offense was well prepared. GD did a good job of getting the team ready. Halftime adjustments sucked *** though, as usual. Don't know why Rudock stopped making audibles, but that hurt a lot in the second half.

Our defense was out-matched, but I feel like the coaching staff could have done a better job of being aggressive and mixing things up. Man, we really need some defensive backs...

Especially safeties. We've had some soft corners in KF's day and (usually) found ways to live with that. Typically because we had strong safety play. It's just not there right now.

What would your gameplan have been? Keep in mind that your secondary is bad so if your plan calls for any man to man you're giving up 60 points.

I would have tried something, anything as the status quo was not working on D. That has been a concern with the staff for sometime now. They rarely make adjustments in the second half of games.

Let me help you out, you pathetic loser.....

I shall correct your ignorant spelling for you for free....

Here is the correct way to write your garbage.....

YOU'RE half right as in the first half. The second half not so much.....

You are a hopeless chump. You really should stop while you still have the slightest shred of credibility left....

Your only response is to correct one word I spelled incorrect? Wow! Just wow. You are (is that better) the person who called for a player to be carried off on a stretcher. You should be banned for a while. I guess you wanted him to get hurt and carried off because he was running over the Hawks most of the day? Real classy.

You are so comical

I am agreeing with you on the audibles. Do you think the coaching staff told him not to do it anymore at halftime? Because he did a 180 in the second half.

Last edited:
Your only response is to correct one word I spelled incorrect? Wow! Just wow. You are (is that better) the person who called for a player to be carried off on a stretcher. You should be banned for a while. I guess you wanted him to get hurt and carried off because he was running over the Hawks most of the day? Real classy.

You are so comical

Simpleton, how about when I said I would sacrifice my children for a stop. Learn how to interpret what people are saying before you open your mindless pea sized brain and write your pitiful trash down......

You can't win a verbal battle with me. You are entirely too ignorant. Give it up, PUNK.....

Do yourself a favor and go to the nearest bookstore and buy a copy of: "How to Construct a Coherent Thought", then you will be permitted to post again if you pass the test.....

Last edited:
Simpleton, how about when I said I would sacrifice my children for a stop. Learn how to interpret what people are saying before you open your mindless pea sized brain and write your pitiful trash down......

You can't win a verbal battle with me. You are entirely too ignorant. Give it up, PUNK.....

Do yourself a favor and go to the nearest bookstore and buy a copy of: "How to Construct a Coherent Thought", then you will be permitted to post again if you pass the test.....

Jack is bringing the heat today. Love it.

You are correct. I can't win. You are too smart for me. I give up. Thanks for giving me the like though on my comments. That did make me feel good.:p

Latest posts