Official Iowa v Ohio State Game Thread

I actually thought they had a shot to win it. Why not? They haven't won there since 1991 and Ferentz has no love for Meyer at all. Iowa isn't terrible and could have played the spoiler.

why not? Because Iowa couldn't stop their offense. It was obvious going into the game, it was obvious during the game, and it's obvious now. The only shot Iowa had was to control the ball on offense (which they did) and force some turnovers. OSU was going to win if htey didn't turn it over and they didn't. Credit to them.

Ferentz new scheme: "Don't have to worry about fake punts, if we don't force them to punt in the first place"

why not? Because Iowa couldn't stop their offense. It was obvious going into the game, it was obvious during the game, and it's obvious now. The only shot Iowa had was to control the ball on offense (which they did) and force some turnovers. OSU was going to win if htey didn't turn it over and they didn't. Credit to them.

good summary. people acting like Iowa was physically their equals and KF just screwed it up. most of the time though the better team wins. it's like a surprise to some people.

good summary. people acting like Iowa was physically their equals and KF just screwed it up. most of the time though the better team wins. it's like a surprise to some people.

I don't expect anyone to be jumping for joy just because we didn't get beat as bad as most had predicted. I just don't understand how you could be angry about the way the team played today. There were no major coaching gaffes, the players played hard and we got beat by a better team. Time to move on to the next game where I think it's fair to expect a win.

Here is why Phil Parker's defensive game plan, if you call it that, stunk. It is because his D gave up 6 yards per rush and an 82% pass completion rate. In addition, Iowa did not force a punt. That is incredibly horrible. Yes Iowa was physical, but they usually are.

Absolutely pathetic effort from Phil Parker who had 2 weeks to prepare. The Cb's were 10 yards off the ball, the safety's to no ones surprise were caught yet again out of position and Iowa rarely tried to blitz I guess because they thought they'd get burned which happened anyway.

The offensive game plan by GD was pretty darn good in the first half with 9 completions to the TE's. That group ended the game with 11. Iowa went away offensively from the thing that worked best in the 1st half.

The coaching staff proves once again they cannot manage an entire game. I feel sad for the players.

All things considered, I gotta say that the team represented themselves better today than I had expected. I'm not one for moral victories...don't believe in them. But there were some undeniable positives in this game. I thought the coaches put together a good game plan: pound the ball, keep it out of OSU's hands and work the TE's in the short game. Not only was it a solid game plan, but it may have been the best I've seen the team execute in the Greg Davis era.

Harbinger for the future or a fluke? Time will tell.

You really shouldn't be such an A******, PUNK.....

Calling for a player to be carried off the field on a stretcher and you call me a punk? You just confirmed you are not only an idiot, but a redneck idiot. Get off the board. You've posted useless dribble all day.

Latest posts