****Official Iowa -v- North Carolina Game Thread****

I was only able to see the last 3 minutes. Great win for the Hawks and a signature win was a long time coming. I watched the post game show on ESPN. Would have been nice if they would have talked about Iowa.

I liked that timeout because I really wouldn't want to see him on the free throw line in that scenario.

True. But that face up jumper he splashed from the baseline was money and shocked the hell out of me. That was smooth. He has a swagger even tho he isn't the most athletic guy in the gym. He would've splashed em both ;)

This has to help our kids in close games....clutch shots and rebounds....couldn't have scripted it any better....

as well as losing, then regaining the lead and, most importantly, they just worked their collective buttocks off -- physical, gritty, gutty!!

Most proud.

Now ... (says Debby Downer) please don't come out and lay an egg against Cy at Carver.

We turned it up a notch at the end and took the game from them. I hope Carolina is actually good and not overrated because we need this one to be huge.

They have lost to Butler and Iowa what do you think about them being overrated?

They have lost to Butler and Iowa what do you think about them being overrated?

You do realize that we just defeated The University Of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, don't you, and we did it without Marble, Horton, and Armstrong.....

This victory is HUGE, attempt to enjoy it. I know you can.....

Fake it if you have to.....

:cool:

as well as losing, then regaining the lead and, most importantly, they just worked their collective buttocks off -- physical, gritty, gutty!!

Most proud.

Now ... (says Debby Downer) please don't come out and lay an egg against Cy at Carver.

Quite right, STILLBUSTER, only way to look at it.....

Will be interesting to hear all the Nancys, and how they criticise this win.....

:cool:

Roy Williams expresses frustration with shoe / apparel contracts hates it. Kids changed shoes at halftime. Hates it...gotta make money for the other sports here.

attachment.php

Hey, Fran, Mike Gesell and the rest of the Hawkeye basketball team:
"Thank you very much."

Attachments

• B3-pyaSCcAAslhT.jpg
    B3-pyaSCcAAslhT.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Latest posts