***OFFICIAL Iowa v Fuskers Game Thread***

I don't know if it was better or worse to have to listen to the end of this game on the radio. It sounded like their game winning three was a ridiculous shot that would go in maybe 1 time out of 100. This is at least the 4th or 5th time we've lost because another team hit a 3 that they had no business making. The second Wisconsin game is the first one to come to mind, but I know there were others. God hates Iowa athletics. That's really the only thing I can come up with.

This game sucked but you could feel it coming as the 2nd half wore on....lots of missed shots by the Hawks and the other team playing with increasing confidence....and then of course a miracle trey for the other team with time running out....no excuses, the Hawks should have salted this one away early in the 2nd half but they are young, developing, and next year will be better....it was a bad loss but I cannot start ragging on the team considering how bad we were just 4 years ago....progress takes time but we are nearly there, wish Hawks fans wouldn't give up after every loss....

I'm done watching this team **** away leads this year, my blood pressure can't take it. Reminds me too much of the damn football season, I was a lot happier after I stopped caring

The joys of college sports passion. Bad loss for sure. But you'll watch...

This game sucked but you could feel it coming as the 2nd half wore on....lots of missed shots by the Hawks and the other team playing with increasing confidence....and then of course a miracle trey for the other team with time running out....no excuses, the Hawks should have salted this one away early in the 2nd half but they are young, developing, and next year will be better....it was a bad loss but I cannot start ragging on the team considering how bad we were just 4 years ago....progress takes time but we are nearly there, wish Hawks fans wouldn't give up after every loss....

Confidence is everything, especially we talent is even or less...we lost it and they gained it in the 2nd....cant let that happen on the road.

Look at the difference it makes when we can drain some threes....at the end of the first half we nailed some (three I think) and it built our lead and confidence....the second half saw mostly all bricks and it hurt us....I am tired, so tired, about hearing how great JO shoots it in practice....guess some players just cannot turn it on during the game, but it kills us to have inconsistent outside shooting...

It'll be ok

RbcD4Rq.png

Try driving home 5 hours after this debacle.

As I was stuck getting out of the parking lot for 25 minutes, I figured I needed to purge this, so I turned on the local AM station carrying it.

The announcers were giggling like school girls in the Husker locker room.

I purged, then got sick again.

Side notes:
- BB center reminded me of Vets. Upper 15 rows were benches and were dark. Some of the bulbs in the scoreboard were burned out.
- Place didn't fill up until well past tip off.
- Husker fans next to me said there was, at times, only one true scholarship player on the floor as a plethora of others left the program after the previous coach was fired. They were 100% certain the team would mail it in for the 2nd half.
- Tickets were selling for $5 right before game-time.
- I honestly don't know who was/were more stunned....the 1/3 Hawk fans there because we lost, or the Husker fans because they won.

Game observations
- Nebby was running a simple pinwheel at the top of the key the final ten minutes, then getting off 15-foot jumpers. Our defense never countered.
- Nebby, really, was a poor team. Nuff said.
- One play sort of set the tone for the 2nd half meltdown. Woody and (I think May) had a Nebby player trapped. (Nebby had to call timeout). Before the timeout was called, all Woody had to do was stand there with his arms up. Instead, he's slapping at the ball, trying to poke it loose. Lucky the ref didn't call it. Not sure who's teaching him press defense or if he's listening.

Try driving home 5 hours after this debacle.

As I was stuck getting out of the parking lot for 25 minutes, I figured I needed to purge this, so I turned on the local AM station carrying it.

The announcers were giggling like school girls in the Husker locker room.

I purged, then got sick again.

Side notes:
- BB center reminded me of Vets. Upper 15 rows were benches and were dark. Some of the bulbs in the scoreboard were burned out.
- Place didn't fill up until well past tip off.
- Husker fans next to me said there was, at times, only one true scholarship player on the floor as a plethora of others left the program after the previous coach was fired. They were 100% certain the team would mail it in for the 2nd half.
- Tickets were selling for $5 right before game-time.
- I honestly don't know who was/were more stunned....the 1/3 Hawk fans there because we lost, or the Husker fans because they won.

Game observations
- Nebby was running a simple pinwheel at the top of the key the final ten minutes, then getting off 15-foot jumpers. Our defense never countered.
- Nebby, really, was a poor team. Nuff said.
- One play sort of set the tone for the 2nd half meltdown. Woody and (I think May) had a Nebby player trapped. (Nebby had to call timeout). Before the timeout was called, all Woody had to do was stand there with his arms up. Instead, he's slapping at the ball, trying to poke it loose. Lucky the ref didn't call it. Not sure who's teaching him press defense or if he's listening.

Poor effort all around in the second half.

Latest posts