****Official Iowa Hawkeyes vs Ron Burgundy's home city Game Thread****

Being that he is the head coaches son, do you honestly believe that will happen? Why do you think Moss left the program for Kansas? He starts for Kansas, do you really think Connor would start at Kansas? He would hardly see the floor if he did.

Connor will *always* play more then he should & will be allowed to make more dumb decisions due to Fran. When Toussaint & Evelyn played together in the first half, Iowa grew the lead. Why did it take so long for them to check back in the 2nd half? Because Connor is Fran's son. Seems like fans are taking SDSU game as a moral victory when Iowa should have won. SDSU wasn't prepared for Toussaint. Toussaint should have more playing time, period.

I think Moss saw CJ's talent & Moss knew his playing time would be cut. In fairness, I have also never been very high on Moss. I think he was in the starting line-up because the players around him lacked talent, not because Moss deserved it. Just my opinion.

Connor will *always* play more then he should & will be allowed to make more dumb decisions due to Fran. When Toussaint & Evelyn played together in the first half, Iowa grew the lead. Why did it take so long for them to check back in the 2nd half? Because Connor is Fran's son. Seems like fans are taking SDSU game as a moral victory when Iowa should have won. SDSU wasn't prepared for Toussaint. Toussaint should have more playing time, period.

I think Moss saw CJ's talent & Moss knew his playing time would be cut. In fairness, I have also never been very high on Moss. I think he was in the starting line-up because the players around him lacked talent, not because Moss deserved it. Just my opinion.
The whole Connor can’t play he’s the coach’s son act worked last year when he struggled like many players do in their 1st year. But this year Connor is playing well and that’s just lame IMO.

The whole Connor can’t play he’s the coach’s son act worked last year when he struggled like many players do in their 1st year. But this year Connor is playing well and that’s just lame IMO.

You need to read my response again. I never said Connor can't play because he's the coaches son.

I really liked Connor last year when he wasn't shooting. He has a lot of strong qualities, shooting from the outside isn't one of them.

Connor had 4 assists and 0 turnovers tonight to add to one of the best assist to turnover ratios in the nation.

You need to read my response again. I never said Connor can't play because he's the coaches son.

I really liked Connor last year when he wasn't shooting. He has a lot of strong qualities, shooting from the outside isn't one of them.

He shoots well enough from 3 to justify 2 or 3 shots per game. Anything less hurts the spacing, and that few attempts doesn't really make much difference between shooting 33% or 40%.

He shoots well enough from 3 to justify 2 or 3 shots per game. Anything less hurts the spacing, and that few attempts doesn't really make much difference between shooting 33% or 40%.

Disagree. I'd choose any other player on Iowa to shoot from outside, especially early in the shot clock. This thread is about the SDSU game. A miss in a close game early in the shot clock could have cost the game. I thought Connor played too many minutes late in the game. T played well in 1st half, he should have gotten more minutes in 2nd half.

Disagree. I'd choose any other player on Iowa to shoot from outside, especially early in the shot clock. This thread is about the SDSU game. A miss in a close game early in the shot clock could have cost the game. I thought Connor played too many minutes late in the game. T played well in 1st half, he should have gotten more minutes in 2nd half.

Last year players backed way off Connor and dared him to shoot. That is not good for the offense. He's probably around a 33% shooter right now I'm guessing. With his low sample size he probably needed to make about two more of them to be a 40% shooter. That's giving up less than a point per game, and that's assuming the only ones who should shoot any 3s at 40% shooters which isn't realistic. Connor shooting 2 or 3 3s per game will help the offense more than hurt it.

Last year players backed way off Connor and dared him to shoot. That is not good for the offense. He's probably around a 33% shooter right now I'm guessing. With his low sample size he probably needed to make about two more of them to be a 40% shooter. That's giving up less than a point per game, and that's assuming the only ones who should shoot any 3s at 40% shooters which isn't realistic. Connor shooting 2 or 3 3s per game will help the offense more than hurt it.

I feel as though you are arguing just to argue. I understand keeping the defense honest but Connor's shots are not all wide open from the outside. My previous points still stand, we just disagree about his shooting.

Who would you have shooting the 3-ball on the last play of the game for the win? Connor would be near last on the team right above Till for me.

I feel as though you are arguing just to argue. I understand keeping the defense honest but Connor's shots are not all wide open from the outside. My previous points still stand, we just disagree about his shooting.

Who would you have shooting the 3-ball on the last play of the game for the win? Connor would be near last on the team right above Till for me.
I agree with your last sentence. But I'm not sure what you're talking about with his 3 point shots not being wide open. He's either shooting a wide open 3 or he's throwing up a buzzer beater out of necessity. I can't think of a single 3 point shot he's taken in his career that didn't fall into one of those two categories. And I'm not arguing just to argue. I truly believe that Connor needs to shoot the 3 when wide open as long as his percentage is at least 30%.

I agree with your last sentence. But I'm not sure what you're talking about with his 3 point shots not being wide open. He's either shooting a wide open 3 or he's throwing up a buzzer beater out of necessity. I can't think of a single 3 point shot he's taken in his career that didn't fall into one of those two categories. . . . .

Rewatch the last 2 games. This isn't true.

Latest posts