Official Iowa finally gets revenge against Duke for the 93 Game Thread

InGoodCo

Never too early to start this. 8:30 games, gonna need extra booze

Duke favored by 3. If I am giving you my gut feeling, I don't think Iowa can match their size and I don't particularly love this matchup. I'm sure as hell excited to watch them try, but I'd prefer to win Thursday and Sunday more.

Last edited:
Never too late to start this. 8:30 games, gonna need extra booze

Duke favored by 3. If I am giving you my gut feeling, I don't think Iowa can match their size and I don't particularly love this matchup. I'm sure as hell excited to watch them try, but I'd prefer to win Thursday and Sunday more.
Agree that it'll be size mismatch.
However, Duke's offense runs through the young center, with only 2 guys avg double digits and not very good 3-point %.
- IF Hawks Hawks play effective zone against the young center.
- IF Filip can attack him / draw some fouls.
- IF Hawks keep Dukies honest with some outside makes.
(Be nice if P-Mac / Sandfort get going from 3 and, for God's sake, P-Mac, DO NOT dribble drive.)
- IF Dukies don't go usual Iowa opponent and double up their 3-point % ...

I can see a good game.

Agree that it'll be size mismatch.
However, Duke's offense runs through the young center, with only 2 guys avg double digits and not very good 3-point %.
- IF Hawks Hawks play effective zone against the young center.
- IF Filip can attack him / draw some fouls.
- IF Hawks keep Dukies honest with some outside makes.
(Be nice if P-Mac / Sandfort get going from 3 and, for God's sake, P-Mac, DO NOT dribble drive.)
- IF Dukies don't go usual Iowa opponent and double up their 3-point % ...

I can see a good game.
Oh I give Iowa a pretty good chance, so does Vegas. I just said, my gut feeling is it will be closer than TCU but look a lot like TCU.

I have been starting work around 4 AM. But there’s no way I am going to miss a Hawks game versus the most hated basketball team in the universe. I will take a nap. Record the game and start watching around 9 to shorten the length of the game. Go Hawks make it worth it.

If I stop posting in the game thread all of a sudden, you guys didn't get lucky with my death.

I can't stay awake past about 9:00
I wish I was sleeping now. Sitting at a girls varsity game. We're down 18-12 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Helluva defensive struggle. Emphasis on struggle. There was a fan thrown out though which was exciting. Wish it was me.