!*****Official 'Iowa Fans Show Their Support For Buyout Barta' Game Thread*****!

Does Gary Barta attend the game?

• Yes, while waving his middle finger.

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No, he has a fundraiser to attend.

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We scored 57 in the 2nd half.

Bohannon gets 20 and 10. Gotta be the best shitty player ever. He even played pretty decent defense tonight.

There aren't many on here that would describe him as that. A few, but not many.

We scored 57 in the 2nd half.

Bohannon gets 20 and 10. Gotta be the best shitty player ever. He even played pretty decent defense tonight.

‘Best shitty player’ isn’t the best way to describe him but I know what you are saying. He is going to end up 2nd or 3rd all B1G.

What was really fun was reading thru the first few pages of this thread when I got back from CH. I had to quickly double check BTN for the score, because I thought maybe I did not see the game at all.

BTW, the crowd was not big but very lively. THey were certainly a factor. Thanks for the Tuesday night 8:00 pm time slot!

Of course, the same group of internet geniuses who railed against Barta, Fran, and the team early on were prepared when Iowa played some darn good basketball...the gophers were an injury riddled terrible team. You guys are nothing if not predictable.

Much to your chagrin, those of us at the game really enjoyed the evening, cheered loudly, appreciated the efforts of the players and coaches, and nobody talked about GB. You should join us sometime. Oh. Never mind. You are boycotting Hawkeye sports. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

They won a conference game. As bad as it has been all season being out of the cellar is a good feeling. Does that mean I've given up celebrating NOT being in last place? Quick Gary extend Fran's contract and buyout before he gets away!

Pemsl can be a klutz at times, also. Must be something in the Iowa City water.

You would think Moss would be a much better defender than what he is.
You would think so perhaps that's more proof that Fran and his staff can't coach defense.

What was really fun was reading thru the first few pages of this thread when I got back from CH. I had to quickly double check BTN for the score, because I thought maybe I did not see the game at all.

BTW, the crowd was not big but very lively. THey were certainly a factor. Thanks for the Tuesday night 8:00 pm time slot!

Of course, the same group of internet geniuses who railed against Barta, Fran, and the team early on were prepared when Iowa played some darn good basketball...the gophers were an injury riddled terrible team. You guys are nothing if not predictable.

Much to your chagrin, those of us at the game really enjoyed the evening, cheered loudly, appreciated the efforts of the players and coaches, and nobody talked about GB. You should join us sometime. Oh. Never mind. You are boycotting Hawkeye sports. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

1249-c4b641ffd05c05a956896266488c3abc.jpg

Absolutely! I mean, what other attitude and outlook would a reasonable fan assume after last nights game.

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-31_4-59-37.jpeg
    upload_2018-1-31_4-59-37.jpeg
    6.6 KB · Views: 1

You obviously subscribe to Gary Barta's comments and support those. Good for you! I call you a low information fan. But as long as low information fans show up and BTN is in operation we should all just chill the F out right?!

Average of 19 wins per season. Consistently a bubble team. Some better. Some worse. His Iowa record is close to that.

Didn't 3 of his teams suck really bad when he got there? If so, that has got to hurt your average wins stat.

Injuries are a good reason Minnesota sucked last night. But they are an excuse if we have them.

What's really sad is that you had NO idea one of their leading point scorers and rebounders were out....cheer on low information fan! And BTW I've been saying all along I'd give Fran 2 more seasons to impress. There WAS NO reason to extend his contract this year and do it with utter disdain for transparency....that's the point and that's why fans are in an uproar. It's a public institution and he's a highly paid public employee.

Didn't 3 of his teams suck really bad when he got there? If so, that has got to hurt your average wins stat.

Of course it does. The key IS going to be the following 2 years. You have to give it to him regardless of the buy out. However with the increased number of games skews that off as well. Put another way he's never lost less than 11 at Iowa was at a 66% clip. That is where he was at for a high in the Big which is not stellar. Certainly not bad and for sure acceptable.