Official Indiana @ Iowa Game Thread

Hot Damn, Lads

One of the better games at Carver considering the circumstances

They won this one for Patrick

Hawks might not make The Dance

But they are really fun to watch

Would like to be in the locker room

Gotta be wild

Love the Hawks but the difference in talent between these teams is staggering. Iowa is a collection of tweeners who outside of Murray and Rebracca have physical limitations. Indiana has the horses, race horses.

There's still hope. Will be a bunch of teams in that 8,9, 10 win mark in conference play. Iowa will be one of those schools.

Love the Hawks but the difference in talent between these teams is staggering. Iowa is a collection of tweeners who outside of Murray and Rebracca have physical limitations. Indiana has the horses, race horses.

There's no dominate team in this conference. Everyone is flawed. A lot of work that needs to be done, but the NCAA tournament is still in play.

Thompson going down hurt them, no question about it.

But we were due to have a couple breaks even out. We've played short handed too.

Anybody got any crow? I've gotta lot of humble pie to swallow after that one. Absolutely didn't see that comin'.
Still, I'm surprised that a 21 pt comeback in the 3rd largest in Iowa history...wouldn't have guessed that either!

Anybody got any crow? I've gotta lot of humble pie to swallow after that one. Absolutely didn't see that comin'.
Still, I'm surprised that a 21 pt comeback in the 3rd largest in Iowa history...wouldn't have guessed that either!
I called it early that Iowa would crawl back into it, too much emotion and desperation in this game for Iowa to roll over. Fran got a T but woke them up.

There's still hope. Will be a bunch of teams in that 8,9, 10 win mark in conference play. Iowa will be one of those schools.
Hope evolves. But these players should not have to be re educated every year on how tough it is to win close games in this league. We have enough veterans.

Fran used to be terrible at close league games, then improved dramatically (Jbo didn't hurt the cause) now its been a month of the same shit (did anyone have any doubt that we would f up our last offensive possession at Penn state)?

You gotta be tougher than the other team. Which admittedly isn't easy when your own coach melts down.

You can look around the league (read: those f'in Badgers) and see who is not only tough in close league games, but works on it. They work on it in practice, preseason, probably the offseason. Then they steal another game in your barn, stare down your crowd at mid court, and you ask yourself, how?

The answer is easy. Mental toughness. It wasn't easy, but we finally showed enough of it last night. We didn't fold when Indiana went up again by six late. The job Rebraca did on TJD for about six possessions playing with four fouls, was the key to victory.

Reactions: trj
I called it early that Iowa would crawl back into it, too much emotion and desperation in this game for Iowa to roll over. Fran got a T but woke them up.
My best overall take from this, in addition to a much needed W, was how quickly some young players grew up.

Did you see who was out there at the end? Not Ulis and Perkins. Sandfort and Dix (Tony did come back in when Rebraca fouled out) And they both made huge plays, were baptized by fire.

Somebody has to fill Patrick's shoes. And I give Fran credit with baptizing to of his younger players by fire.

Peyton should be starting next game. And maybe he finally turns the corner and nuts up to help fill Patrick's shoes.

Hope evolves. But these players should not have to be re educated every year on how tough it is to win close games in this league. We have enough veterans.

Fran used to be terrible at close league games, then improved dramatically (Jbo didn't hurt the cause) now its been a month of the same shit (did anyone have any doubt that we would f up our last offensive possession at Penn state)?

You gotta be tougher than the other team. Which admittedly isn't easy when your own coach melts down.

You can look around the league (read: those f'in Badgers) and see who is not only tough in close league games, but works on it. They work on it in practice, preseason, probably the offseason. Then they steal another game in your barn, stare down your crowd at mid court, and you ask yourself, how?

The answer is easy. Mental toughness. It wasn't easy, but we finally showed enough of it last night. We didn't fold when Indiana went up again by six late. The job Rebraca did on TJD for about six possessions playing with four fouls, was the key to victory.
When they missed the free throw I thought we were going to score against Penn State. There's no reason to just assume we are going to blow last possessions anymore. Those days ended when Gesell's class graduated.

I was going to post something similar about how this team was soft and lacked mental toughness. Then the news of Patrick came out and I didn’t want to appear tone deaf so I left it alone.

What you just posted I agree with 1000% and you get no arguments from me.

When they missed the free throw I thought we were going to score against Penn State. There's no reason to just assume we are going to blow last possessions anymore. Those days ended when Gesell's class graduated.
Fran was blabbering something post-game about how Perkins was supposed to take that hard to the bucket.

Myles Dread might as well been in our huddle. He saw Keegan flare out to the arc and knew exactly where the ball was going. And he jumped the passing lane.

Wis loss in OT (and their 1-10 guy hits a 3 in OT.)
Penn St loss with last possession opportunity.
Ind comeback ...... this league is brutal, again. Not much difference between 1-3 & 3-1.

E. Illinois gets trucked by Tenn Tech.

Wis loss in OT (and their 1-10 guy hits a 3 in OT.)
Penn St loss with last possession opportunity.
Ind comeback ...... this league is brutal, again. Not much difference between 1-3 & 3-1.

E. Illinois gets trucked by Tenn Tech.
The ones who show poise in close games, execute, and steal that extra win or two usually end up in the top tier. Those who don't sweat out Selection Sunday.

All it takes it a tilt of the wheel a degree or two here or there

Latest posts