• Iowa by 4-7

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • Iowa by 8-10

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Iowa by 10 or more

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kirk is just where he loves to be...the underdog. I think this could be a West Championship team. If our biggest concern is D-line that is good. In Phil I trust....Kinnick at 2:30, alcohol sales, and first time in front of a crowd...Iowa 34 and Indiana 10. Best part I will be there.
The last time I looked (yesterday) the Hawks were 3.5 pt favorites.

Well by gollee...what r all u Hogg-eye fans smokn?

Attachments

• Allen_Tom_0301_ed_white.jpg
    Allen_Tom_0301_ed_white.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1
The first site I looked at had Iowa favored by 5.5 pts. Under this current iteration of the coaching staff (i.e. since 2017 when the current coordinators were put in place), Iowa continues to be one of the top teams in the country at winning when they are favored (28-3 over that span, trailing only Tex A&M, Clemson, Ohio St., Alabama, and Notre Dame in win% among P5).

They actually do pretty well against the spread as favorites as well, covering 60% of the time as favorites (6th best among P5 schools).

I don't think Indiana is set up to take advantage of Iowa's weaknesses (ISU is a different story). I think Iowa wins and covers.

Last edited:
A quick glance at IU boards indicates they're quietly confident about this one. The reasons?

-They've done well against "pro set" teams like IOWA. Teams that throw the ball around give their D more trouble. (last year's schedule and results tell the story). So they feel they match up well.

-They have a significantly improved O line. (didn't mention our younger DL, but the two would seem to go together)

-They're aware (and seem to think their coaches are) that Petras was jumpy last year and expect IU will throw a variey of different pressure looks at him.

In short, they recognize that Kinnick is a tough environment, but feel they match up pretty well.

This will be the toughest opener since KFz sleep-walked through the NDSU prep in 2016 (who didn't see that one coming?).

Hawks by a million.
Even assuming the defense held Indiana to 0, we would have to score over 277 points each second to amass a million points. To my knowledge, scoring over 7 points per second would be very difficult. Do they run the clock on the kickoff now? If so, it would probably take 10 seconds to score 7 points.

Even assuming the defense held Indiana to 0, we would have to score over 277 points each second to amass a million points. To my knowledge, scoring over 7 points per second would be very difficult. Do they run the clock on the kickoff now? If so, it would probably take 10 seconds to score 7 points.
Hawks by 750,000 then.

Final offer.

I've been part of a rather large accident settlement negotiation before and I know how your lawyer math works.

Indiana is pretty solid on both sides of the ball. Our offense will be improved, but the first game out it will not be enough. And Penix scares me. 20-17 Indiana.

The biggest change in this game to last season are not personnel, it's having fans.

Indiana can't prep for 3rd & 9 stuck in the north end zone.

All players will be super-amped up. Petras' 1st pass will probably take 2 guys' helmets off. In the big moments, crowd gives Hawks the edge by 6.

Going to game, got a year of screaming to catch up on...it will be loud. Fans will be ready, afternoon game, hopefully good weather, can't get no better than that. Even get to see my son run XX in the morning. Gonna be a good day. Indiana better be ready.

Iowa and Indiana are closely matched. But if Iowa's offense keeps Indiana's defense occupied. Iowa wins. 24-17

I saw a B1G network guy on IG that went to each school and he talked about the 3 things he was impressed by. For Iowa it was the O line, the D line and the youth.

I think we see one of the best defenses under PP that we have ever seen.

Latest posts