** OFFICIAL I DONT FOLLOW NBA THREAD**

scia

Its horrible. Its as simple as that might be the worst sport to watch on tv or in person. People say hockey is but thats because they dont understand it and its to fast. If anybody has watched any of those NHL playoff games tonight theirs no way you can say youd rather watch the NBA.

Unless you were born and raised a bb fan,like me. Hockey is fine,but not a fan.
In two weeks, the NBA playoffs begin,and there is nothing like the sustained run of nightly NBA playoffs for almost two months...cannot be topped. Maybe matched,with MLB playoffs,but not topped. I am happy for the hockey fans that now their games are back on TV....enjoy.

Agree with jt on this. The NBA playoffs is must see tv for me. Hockey, even in its finest hour, will put me in a deep sleep.

NHL playoffs > NBA playoffs (even on tv, no question live)

(IMO, of course). faster, more physical, grittier, full games, etc.

Agree that the NBA is unwatchable. Little / no defense, terrible fundamentals, traveling could / should be called on every possession and outside of a handful of teams, the talent just isn't there. The result of years of one and done and high school kids getting drafted who would rather get their stats on a losing team, than play team ball and win. These teams would get destroyed by the teams from 80's.

The NBA could disappear off the face of the earth, and I would not miss it one bit. I'd probably be happier. The NHL playoffs are so much better. IMO nothing in sports is more exciting than an overtime game 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Quit watching following the brawl in Detroit years ago even though I had been a lifetime fan. Will admit the current Bulls team has me watching again

for me i will watch both playoffs if i enjoy the team(s) in the game. but i prefer my hockey live and wont go to a live nba game ever.

I grew up playing youth hockey, I love the sport, and understand the strategies well. And you'll never find me watching it on TV. Love the NBA though and caught some Clips/Knicks last night.

The NBA could disappear off the face of the earth, and I would not miss it one bit. I'd probably be happier. The NHL playoffs are so much better. IMO nothing in sports is more exciting than an overtime game 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Couldn't agree more. Never watch a reg. season hockey game and I catch most of the NBA playoffs, however, nothing in sports is as good as hockey game 7.

I would rather hockey just went away.

I could care less if the NHL were to go away. Heck the Chicago Black Hawks are an original 6 team and won the Stanley cup in 2010 and they barely get discussed in Chicago. I listen to 670 the score daily and you are lucky to ever hear them mentioned much other than on the McNeil and Spiegel show.

The NHL is just not that fun to watch in my opinion.

Unless you were born and raised a bb fan,like me. Hockey is fine,but not a fan.
In two weeks, the NBA playoffs begin,and there is nothing like the sustained run of nightly NBA playoffs for almost two months...cannot be topped. Maybe matched,with MLB playoffs,but not topped. I am happy for the hockey fans that now their games are back on TV....enjoy.
Yeah...because a sport where 2/3 of the teams makes the playoffs has a really compelling regular season.
The first 2-3 rounds of the NBA playoffs is almost unwatchable. And most years, I don't even care about the finals either.

Yeah...because a sport where 2/3 of the teams makes the playoffs has a really compelling regular season.
The first 2-3 rounds of the NBA playoffs is almost unwatchable. And most years, I don't even care about the finals either.

Check your math there bud....16/30 does not equal two-thirds.

I could care less if the NHL were to go away. Heck the Chicago Black Hawks are an original 6 team and won the Stanley cup in 2010 and they barely get discussed in Chicago. I listen to 670 the score daily and you are lucky to ever hear them mentioned much other than on the McNeil and Spiegel show.

The NHL is just not that fun to watch in my opinion.

Listen to ESPN 1000. Carmen, Jurko, and Harry talk Blackhawks all the time.

NBA games are too predictable. It's just a see-saw battle the entire game. A team will go up by 20 and then down by 20. You don't need to watch any of it but the final 2 minutes, which actually takes 30 minutes to finish because they have to go through 12 timeouts.

Agree that the NBA is unwatchable. Little / no defense, terrible fundamentals, traveling could / should be called on every possession and outside of a handful of teams, the talent just isn't there. The result of years of one and done and high school kids getting drafted who would rather get their stats on a losing team, than play team ball and win. These teams would get destroyed by the teams from 80's.

Maybe my opinion is a bit different because I'm a Bulls fan, but I couldn't disagree with your opinion more. The Bulls play lockdown defense, have great fundamentals, and are loaded with talent.

To say that the talent just isn't there when referring to the NBA is just way off base. It's the highest level of basketball there is. No question about that. At times the NBA guys are so good that they almost make it look too easy compared to scrappy, relatively not very talented college basketball players.

The league is definitely top heavy with the really good teams being Miami, Chicago, Oklahoma City, San Antonio, and possibly the Lakers, so there is a gripe there that you don't get to see the really good teams go head to head as often as you'd like.

Latest posts