*** Official Hawks thump Cuse Thread***

Rats, we froze after the TO.....

Been a while since we have won a game with a last second shot.....

All in all, I am proud of the Hawks.....

If Fran doesn't figure out how to use guards and put players in a position to succeed this will be last year redux. JO usage feels like McCabe last year. Experience does NOT equal success.

Uthoff White and Woody combine for 45 points tonight on 17-33 shooting.

Last night, they combined for 41 points on 11-22 shooting.

Rest of team couldn't crack 20 points in either game...

Mike should get three shots, that was certainly a three point shot....

Of course, he must make the shots.....

Boeheim's style reminds me of Bobby Knights, slightly unsportsmanlike but within the rules....

We came back and were very close. Need to polish our composure at the very end.....

Too many unforced turnovers, that has to change, different ballgame if we have 17 more shots, think we had 17 TOs.....

We are going to be alright.....Early days.....

Cuse tryed to give us one - Hawks couldnt take the gift. This team is going to lose a lot of games this year.
Still missing a floor leader with balls. White and Utoff are the only guys that know how to win but it takes more than 2 guys to compete outside of the Iowa Conference.

Same old, same old! Just throw away games. Woody, Gessell & Josh have been in the program for several years & its the same old thing down the stretch. Missed free throws, turnovers & losing your man for an easy layup! This team just knows how to lose. They really find a way to lose!

If Fran doesn't figure out how to use guards and put players in a position to succeed this will be last year redux. JO usage feels like McCabe last year. Experience does NOT equal success.

Youre kidding right? JO has looked the best out of the guards.

Still do not have the team composure/mental toughness not to tighten up and make stupid mistakes when the game is on the line....sigh...I want to think this team has some great pieces and the program is headed in the right direction but then games like this or last night's debacle happen and I lose faith....this team has the same MENTAL issues as last year. FRUSTRATED!

Game on the line and we can't get a shot up on back to back possessions and we give up a dunk on the other end.

pretty much sums it up

Indeed, however this was somewhat different that last year, we had a lot of chances in the last minute and kept fighting. Perhaps this is the year we make a game winning shot. Only been so many in Hawkeye History. Steve Waite's shot against Georgetown to get to the Final Four was one of the rare ones. Can't recall any more right now.....

Overall: We owned Texas the first half, they destroyed us the second half. Close first half against Syracuse, poor 13 minutes or so starting the second half, then we played the way we are capable of and had our chances to tie the game. We are coming closer to closing the game. Josh is perhaps the most surehanded player on the team and the ball slips out of his hands when he is open for a three in one of his spots.....

Uthoff and Woody grew up this game.....

That comeback was thrilling and makes the future look brighter especially after last night. I am going out on a limb and predicting a loss at North Carolina.....

:rolleyes:

Latest posts