*** Official Hawks thump Cuse Thread***

Speaking of guard play....why the heck was everyone so excited about Trey Dickerson? So far he does not look like he is going to have any impact on this team.

Youre kidding right? JO has looked the best out of the guards.

Josh has looked very good, has been solid with the ball every year and is a steadying influence on the team when he is in. The TO at the end was very uncharacteristic. He plays good D and is an excellent passer. We didn't let them off the hook until the final whistle. Boeheim had to resort to desperate tactics to win.....

Of course, we did not help ourselves, we are getting there.....

Clemons looked good on D and Mike played better which was a good sign.....

Bottom line, probably turnovers leading to too many easy baskets.....

Agree they are playing well BUT ask any expert and the game is won with guard play and we are abismal.

Our guard shooting is worse than abismal but is it just me or are we better this year at getting the ball to the bigs in position to score? If I'm right on that then it means our guards aren't all bad.

Speaking of guard play....why the heck was everyone so excited about Trey Dickerson? So far he does not look like he is going to have any impact on this team.

Because he was rated the number 1 juco point guard and is way quicker than anyone we have. Just because he's not ready to play top 25 compition in MSG, 3 games into his D1 career, doesn't mean he wasn't well worth being excited for.

Josh has looked very good, has been solid with the ball every year and is a steadying influence on the team when he is in. The TO at the end was very uncharacteristic. He plays good D and is an excellent passer. We didn't let them off the hook until the final whistle. Boeheim had to resort to desperate tactics to win.....

Josh is 4/19 from the field. There is no reason for him to be on the court if he can't make a spot up 3. None.
He is in over his head at this level and has been for his entire career. Lost on defense, can't create his own shot and can't handle the ball.

Josh is 4/19 from the field. There is no reason for him to be on the court if he can't make a spot up 3. None.
He is in over his head at this level and has been for his entire career. Lost on defense, can't create his own shot and can't handle the ball.

Unless you don't want to play any guards at all JO is going to see significant time. Gesell was 3/15 and Clemmons 2/11 in this tournament. Jok and Dickerson don't look ready to play, who exactly do you propose to have out on the court?

Youre kidding right? JO has looked the best out of the guards.
The best looking turd is still a turd. Sorry I only got to watch the last 10:00, winning time. He missed every shoot, couldn't figure out which hand to throw a post pass too twice, dropped another open look out of bounds, and lost his jock on a back cut. You're right he's awesome. We need more of that to win games.

Lol so should we just not play any guards? Cuz easily looked the best the last 2 nights. He committed his first TO on the season tonight. I would say not giving the ball away is the most important thing for our guards after what ive seen the last 2 nights. Idk what youve been watching but even if his shooting is struggling, he's shooting the ball better than any other guard and looks more comfortable out there than MG and AC. Im sorry but even the best shooters only make 4-5/10 threes. Cant expect him to make every one. He's been good on defense all season. After what Ive seen, there's a lot more to worry about than JO.

Lol so should we just not play any guards? Cuz easily looked the best the last 2 nights. He committed his first TO on the season tonight. I would say not giving the ball away is the most important thing for our guards after what ive seen the last 2 nights. Idk what youve been watching but even if his shooting is struggling, he's shooting the ball better than any other guard and looks more comfortable out there than MG and AC. Im sorry but even the best shooters only make 4-5/10 threes. Cant expect him to make every one. He's been good on defense all season. After what Ive seen, there's a lot more to worry about than JO.
Josh doesnt handle the ball nearly as much as the other 2 so id hope hed have less TOs.
Josh isnt the best dribbler and is not a good defender. Hes just not. He gets burned constantly

The best looking turd is still a turd. Sorry I only got to watch the last 10:00, winning time. He missed every shoot, couldn't figure out which hand to throw a post pass too twice, dropped another open look out of bounds, and lost his jock on a back cut. You're right he's awesome. We need more of that to win games.

He shot once in the last 10 mins. The back cut to Cooney was a great play. Nobody was thinking he would run baseline then back cut to get the ball in the lane instead of running off a screen in the corner for a 3. Maybe you just need to understand that was good coaching.

Our guard shooting is worse than abismal but is it just me or are we better this year at getting the ball to the bigs in position to score? If I'm right on that then it means our guards aren't all bad.

I'll agree to what your saying but I wonder if it more has to do with facing a zone D. I expect more man in the Big.

Get off of your love of Josh Ogelsby... if he can't knock down shots... he's of no value. My point being if all he is going to contribute is "good D and excellent passer"... let's just go find a shut down defender.

Don't kid your self about Josh Ogelsby... he has 1 purpose and he's never lived up to fulfilling that purpose.

Unless you don't want to play any guards at all JO is going to see significant time. Gesell was 3/15 and Clemmons 2/11 in this tournament. Jok and Dickerson don't look ready to play, who exactly do you propose to have out on the court?

I think what we have found is that our best option is the starting 5.

None can score so that's a wash so it comes down to D and Mikey and Anthony are the 2 best defenders.

Get off of your love of Josh Ogelsby... if he can't knock down shots... he's of no value. My point being if all he is going to contribute is "good D and excellent passer"... let's just go find a shut down defender.

Don't kid your self about Josh Ogelsby... he has 1 purpose and he's never lived up to fulfilling that purpose.

So what does Jok bring to the table? What has Clemmons done the last 2 days? Whats his value? Defense? Not sure cuz he can't do much more than that. What has MG done the last two days?

I think what we have found is that our best option is the starting 5.

None can score so that's a wash so it comes down to D and Mikey and Anthony are the 2 best defenders.

How have we seen that at all? Weve played the best with Mike or Sapp, Oges, Uthoff, White, and Woody.

Who is shooting lights out on the team besides Aaron. You know almost nothing about basketball if you don't think Josh can handle the ball.....

Team shot 36% against Syracuse and 25% against Texas. Let's blame the loss on Josh......

Get Real

So what does Jok bring to the table? What has Clemmons done the last 2 days? Whats his value? Defense? Not sure cuz he can't do much more than that. What has MG done the last two days?

I think i said it in another post but our best lineup is the staring lineup because Clemmons and Mike are our best guard defenders.

Offense is a wash... they all suck.

Classy, calling Hawkeyes turds.....

Crawl back into the sewer.....

Gesell shouldn't be in at the end of close games. He can't make clutch free throws.[/QUOTE

It is a problem, last season at Iowa State there was also a lot of pressure from the crowd noise. A Hawkeye fan who was there said he had never heard noise that loud in a basketball arena. Still no excuse.....

Strange thing is he shot 80% his freshman year, I believe.....

:rolleyes:

Latest posts