***OFFICIAL HAWKS STOMP THE MICHIGAN STATE SHART-ANS GAME THREAD***

I'm starting to question how good the B1G is outside of Sparty and the Wolverines.
Michigan doesn't have a point guard the quality of that Winston guy. I guess we will see how good Michigan is pretty soon, but I don't think they are as good as Michigan State.

People need to relax and enjoy this team ... 5-4 with big road game at Minnesota coming up. I think this team is capable of 10 wins or more this year in the toughest conference in basketball. . and that will get them into the NCAA .

Some of the same old demons reared their head in the 2nd half. No doubt.

That said, losing to MSU is no great embarrassment. 21 in a row in the B1G. How we respond on Sunday will say a lot more about how good this team is and if they've really grown.
Agree. Maryland was whipping everyone in sight and had moved up to #13 in their own right and Sparty spanked them by fourteen. If they win at Purdue on Sunday they will probably run the conference. This is a historically good Izzo team and that's saying a lot.

Fran, even as his team was draining all those three against Illinois on Sunday, was upset at his team for not getting back on defense. He knew what Sparty could do in transition. He was right.

How we respond against Minnesota will be a good indication of where we stand as a team. We need a repeat of how we responded to the Purdue whipping in the Nebraska game.

Gotta flush Sparty. They're similiar to early 1990's Indiana teams that gave us pretty good whippings in years we still made the dance.

Nothing to lose other than shooting a 14% shot and then letting opponents fast break and shoot almost guaranteed layups.

give Airhawk a break- the game was already lost. A boatload of 3's was the only way to make up the deficit in a limited amount of time

What I was trying to say was the only way back into the game when down 14 with 5 minutes left was to score in a hurry, start hoisting 3's. Only way back in it IMHO

And you'd be correct! It's irrelevant how we got there since the post was about how to get back into/win the game. We all know [or should] that 3 point shooting can be hot and cold. Cold before doesn't equal cold all game, necessarily.

Latest posts