Official Hawks Stomp A Mudhole In Nebraska’s Ass Game Thread

getting worked by Nebraska. It is going to be a long year.
Yea... I was really impressed by how crisp they looked early season - moving the ball, moving without the ball, spacing, aggressive on both ends, hitting the boards and, best of all, making open shots. Now, they look completely lost and just plain garbage, all around, to every guy.

It wasn’t easy pre-season comp then and it isn’t better comp now. It has nothing to do with Murray out or back. Its not Big14 road. Its just a complete disintegration from within.

id like to hope but I seriously sense they're just not built to work their way out of this terrible mental / physical / skills crap hole they’re in. Its gonna be a sub500 conf and an uphill challenge to make NIT, let alone, the dance.

Seriously, picture yourself in your chosen profession.

If you handled a sales presentation like they handled EIU, you're going to do anything and everything to win the next one.

If you're client loses in court, you're studying the next case five times as hard.

If you dispatched a fleet or trucks into a blizzard, you quadruple checking the weather charts your next shift.

I'm absolutely at a loss for this. Perkins, Ulis, Bowen and Sandfort have yet to scratch.
They would be laughed out of the Shark Tank...that is for sure.

Seriously, picture yourself in your chosen profession.

If you handled a sales presentation like they handled EIU, you're going to do anything and everything to win the next one.

If you're client loses in court, you're studying the next case five times as hard.

If you dispatched a fleet or trucks into a blizzard, you quadruple checking the weather charts your next shift.

I'm absolutely at a loss for this. Perkins, Ulis, Bowen and Sandfort have yet to scratch.

Haven't the size to compete and no bench

Completely fatigued and will get worse every game as the season winds on and on

Are we playing 5 on 7?

I will move on to the rest of my night. But they better feel every bit of this.

I was calling for a post-game practice following EIU.

Now I would throw them in the deep end of the field house pool and make them tread water until someone's close to going under.

This response to a home loss to a sub 300 RPI is a fireable offense in my opinion.

Last edited:
Watching iowa basketball and football is depressing. Starts at the top. Time to start holding people accountable. Getting thumped by eastern Illinois and Nebraska is embarrassing.

Watching iowa basketball and football is depressing. Starts at the top. Time to start holding people accountable. Getting thumped by eastern Illinois and Nebraska is embarrassing.
It's fireable. And I'm not one to fall for hyperbole. But there's an intangible missing on this team.

0-7 Sandfort
0-5 Perkins
0-3 Ulis
0-3 Bowen
1-4 Connor
1-6 PMac
2-28 (7%)

View attachment 9709
Have you seen your grades...well I have.....
That is the most jaw-dropping thing.... Early season, shots were dropping at a competent rate and guard play was VERY encouraging.

I have no f-ing idea what happened but the guards and all shooters have just been complete SHIT! for most of December. It isn’t just “slump” shooting or “off” nights. Its just been completely bad play in every aspect.

Perkins and Ulis have sucked in the purest sense, all around.
P-Mac...never sold on him for any consistent solid play, anyway. Spurts.
Sandfort... Holy Shit, Dude! Just redshirt, already.

It's fireable. And I'm not one to fall for hyperbole. But there's an intangible missing on this team.
Was excited to see Murray back and hoping for what usually happens after minor injury and a chance to recharge... guys come back with a vengeance.
Right away, he looked like a passive pussy and no sense of urgency. Lazy passes = turnovers, standing on the perimeter, clanking shots, passing to bad shooters (Ulis, Perkins). By the time he started playing, down double digits.

Not hanging this on him but he’s “the guy” and he deflected. That low-key mentality is very contagious on a team already lacking energy at every front court position. Rebracca and C-Mac need to start kicking some fire into some asses.

Somewhat disappointing

I was actually looking forward to this one

Season really does have a Lickliter feel to it

I watched the Lick games expecting a loss

A win was a pleasant surprise

Deja Vu all over again

I don't mid that they couldn't hit a bucket, I don't mind we don't have the talent of other teams. What really bothers me is the lackadaisical mind set and no fight what so ever!! So much of winning is mental toughness. I enjoy watching teams that are desperate to win. You could see it in Nebraska tonight. Ever watch Michael Jordan? He doesn't except losing. There just seems to be something missing from Fran's teams and has been missing over the years and it is not talent it is a fierceness to win.

Latest posts