Official Hawks Stomp A Mudhole In Nebraska’s Ass Game Thread

Sandfort’s a good kid. A really good kid. But he’s not the guy. Is what it is. Getting rejected on that dunk was the capstone.

The problem is there isn’t anyone else to take his minutes who’s any better. I still love Fran but that’s his fault.

Hawks getting beat up inside

Can't afford to fight back and get into foul trouble

Why the F don't we put Ogy and perhaps Riley in to put the opponents on the floor 10 times each game

Hard fouls in the paint

Maybe gain a little respect inside

Last edited:
Sandfort’s a good kid. A really good kid. But he’s not the guy. Is what it is. Getting rejected on that dunk was the capstone.

The problem is there isn’t anyone else to take his minutes who’s any better. I still love Fran but that’s his fault.

His recruiting is rather suspect

Very good class coming in next season

We shall see how things work out then

This season is for diehard fans only

Any win will be considered an upset no matter who the opponent is

I don’t think Speraw leaving and our shooting being this bad isnt a coincidence. Sometimes things make sense, I can’t put it together without that. We shouldn’t be this bad

I don’t think Speraw leaving and our shooting being this bad isnt a coincidence. Sometimes things make sense, I can’t put it together without that. We shouldn’t be this bad
It doesn't make sense. Because Speraw as a player was an end of the bench guy and the man who replaced him on the staff is one of the best shooters in school history.

Is he healthy?
Didn't he have a deep thigh contusion? Those can linger all season, and and make a mockery out of consistent practice time progress.

But that baseline he gave up in the open floor. Cmon Tony, you're 6'4, athletic and physical.

You were right about Sandfort.

I was wrong. He doesn’t have it right now. No toughness

Fans.

I don’t know who said it, but some of you guys are pretty smart so you may know where the quote came from.

“I have seen the enemy………… and it is us.”

It's the morning after and I'm.......

....stunned.

Not angry, a little confused, but mostly like "If you have any ounce of pride how can you follow up the lackluster effort vs EIU with an even worse one when your best player just returned?"

I would love to think that the leaders on this team would have had something to say but last night would indicate that not much of it is sinking in.

Everything that Fran talked about in Rob's press conference post that was a detriment in the EIU game-the quick shooting, not running the sets- was on display again (and I would like to add another beating on the boards as well)

Fran said in his weekly presser that practice was business as usual again. If last night was any indication that business may soon be filing for Chapter 11.

Nebraska came back to earth last night and ended up shooting 41% for the game. Thats the killer. What won it for the Huskers was their domination on the offensive boards and the effort plays.

I only wish it was possible for some of their own, like Luka and Wiesy and JBo and Keegan to rip the locker toom door off the hinges and collectively beat Fran and every player over the head with it.

Perhaps criticism for some of their own would sink in. Michael Irvin and several prominent NFL players from the U would blister current Hurricanes if he didn't think he saw sufficient pride, effort and intensity. 1990's Hurricane players said they feared dealing with the Playmaker more than their own current coaches.

Perhaps our guys need a little dose of that from their peers.

Latest posts