Official Hawks Make Matt Campbell Ride 126 Miles Home On The Loser Bus Game Thread

Yes but we will lol. I will enjoy my trip to Iowa city next week to go to the game with my daughter and my boys. I will get frustrated but we will win. The Ferentz era is winding down and it has been a great one for the most part but we got trouble moving forward I think in the changing landscape of college football. The Cubs have had a disappointing season, but maybe there is hope for the Bears! Go hawks!

Cade was 6-20 the second half. That's not on Kirk. Cade is terrible at football. The fact that cade wasn't benched IS on Kirk.
Cmon seriously. We have watched the downward trajectory of this program since 2016. You dont think this whole pile of crap football over the last 6 yrs including today’s game doesnt fall on KF? He is the play caller i dont care who is at OC/QB the second half or the last 6 yrs for that matter. Is Iowa defense above average yes are they elite no, they are not and we don’t have a elite players on the defense either in my opinion he’s calling the game like he did last year and it’s not gonna work.

No this loss falls on KF. Cade did not play well but we’ve seen this play out many times in the past w/ many different QBs. Even w/ an elite defense this will happen every now and again when u constantly play not to lose. That’s KF mO.

I know. The same old shit going into a season with high hopes and Kirk some how losses just enough to always miss out on the big game.

You can point to the offense again in this loss. Until Iowa installs designed QB run plays don't expect to see any improvement. On those 1st and goals in the first half not once did Iowa think about using the QB on a run.

You can point to the offense again in this loss. Until Iowa installs designed QB run plays don't expect to see any improvement. On those 1st and goals in the first half not once we Iowa think about using the QB on a run.
Cades ass is NOT running on legs made out of 98% grafted pork ligaments

Cmon seriously. We have watched the downward trajectory of this program since 2016. You dont think this whole pile of crap football over the last 6 yrs including today’s game doesnt fall on KF? He is the play caller i dont care who is at OC/QB the second half or the last 6 yrs for that matter. Is Iowa defense above average yes are they elite no, they are not and we don’t have a elite players on the defense either in my opinion he’s calling the game like he did last year and it’s not gonna work.
Wow, there is someone who thinks like me!

The problem is until the 80 year old and up boosters croak that sat through iowa football in the 60's and 70's and actually cheered wildly when they scored a first down, and KF is shown the door with thanks for all your time and efforts over the last 26 years this what we'll get. It is what is I guess. Not shocked or surprised anymore. When you go to the big championship the last 2 yrs and blown out to Tennessee in a bowl game. You see just what an Iowa team really is. Not even on the same page as the upper echelon of programs in college football. We just hate to admit it! Results against true competition dont lie. I'll leave it at that.

Pitiful, watched the game with my daughter

Kinda looked like we were outcoached, they passed with precision over our defensive backfield

Supposedly our strength

Cade was worthless

Clones are much better than I thought

On to next week with a new QB hopefully

It’s like being part of a cult and you realize it’s a cult but you just can’t do anything about it because everyone involved with it is brainwashed and just keep putting their money into the bucket when it’s passed around.

Then they take the bucket behind stage and pass it all out to the coaching staff.

The problem is until the 80 year old and up boosters croak that sat through iowa football in the 60's and 70's and actually cheered wildly when they scored a first down, and KF is shown the door with thanks for all your time and efforts over the last 26 years this what we'll get. It is what is I guess. Not shocked or surprised anymore. When you go to the big championship the last 2 yrs and blown out to Tennessee in a bowl game. You see just what an Iowa team really is. Not even on the same page as the upper echelon of programs in college football. We just hate to admit it! Results against true competition dont lie. I'll leave it at that.
I'm almost 77 and witnessed the 60/70s debacle. Iowa was not prepared for the end of limited substitution football in the mid 60's. For that matter, nor was most of the Big Ten. Trying to compete with teams using the max number of scholarships (45/Yr or a roster of 180) when the Big Ten permitted 30/Yr or a roster of 120. I believe, like you, that Kirk's time is up. His football philosophy will no longer work in these days of the mega conferences. He is loyal to his players to a fault, witness his inability to insert a different QB today and one than could run a designed play.

Beth Goetz needs to look at this season as Kirk's last because this offense has a lot of bigger challenges than Iowa State on the schedule. He didn't handle BF firing well, and if the disgruntled people that count pull their resources she will need to move.

Yep. The ISU game is always the indicator.

Not really. Didn’t they say we have won six of the last seven. Now six out of the last eight. What’s that say about your program? Let’s see here………….. hmmmm??? Oh that’s right………….. when a game is really important Kirk’s team always manages to fuk up every thing and lose games that destroy what pathetic chance the team and fans have.

Not really. Didn’t they say we have won six of the last seven. Now six out of the last eight. What’s that say about your program? Let’s see here………….. hmmmm??? Oh that’s right………….. when a game is really important Kirk’s team always manages to fuk up every thing and lose games that destroy what pathetic chance the team and fans have.

With the exception of 2002…losing to ISU always means a 4+ loss season.

I'm almost 77 and witnessed the 60/70s debacle. Iowa was not prepared for the end of limited substitution football in the mid 60's. For that matter, nor was most of the Big Ten. Trying to compete with teams using the max number of scholarships (45/Yr or a roster of 180) when the Big Ten permitted 30/Yr or a roster of 120. I believe, like you, that Kirk's time is up. His football philosophy will no longer work in these days of the mega conferences. He is loyal to his players to a fault, witness his inability to insert a different QB today and one than could run a designed play.

Beth Goetz needs to look at this season as Kirk's last because this offense has a lot of bigger challenges than Iowa State on the schedule. He didn't handle BF firing well, and if the disgruntled people that count pull their resources she will need to move.
Everything you just stated is factual. KF was cut from the same cloth as Nick Saban. Up until the time Saban left LSU, you can't really pin point a difference in his style vs Kirk's.
Once the air raid offenses came into play, NS decided to adapt and change with the times and I think the NIL finally made NS say enough. KF on the other hand has chosen to just continue his ways in an ever changing game. I will never take anything away from him but you just got to know when it's time. I don't think people really understand what the last 2 yrs could of been with the number 90th ranked offense. A good O line and a competent qb we wouldn't even be having thse conversations. It's a shame. He's got the money and the facilities but not the mentality. He unfortunately is his only roadblock.

Latest posts