***Official Hawks Get Revenge On The Burrowing Rodents Game Thread***

JBo is the key to this team. He plays and we win, regardless of what Garzilla does. The rest are players that contribute.

This is a fun team to watch. I hope we run into Gonzaga again. Well, maybe not.
Jbo is a vital part of the team but to say regardless of what Garza does is a huge stretch.

damn i HATE playing those bastards.

They always hang around, foul if necessary, get hot from behind the arc a couple times a game, and generally give you an ulcer.

That game didn't feel over until Wieskamp hit the late three. Nunge hit a big baseline jumper as well.

PLEASE don't make us draw them in the BTT.

Great win for the Hawks! Nice to see them get revenge. I had no idea Weezy scored 20 points until I looked at the box score. JBo was only 3 boards shy of a triple double. Keegan's quietest game to date but we didn't need him with our big 3 playing so well.

Where has Fredrick been? He has only scored 2 points in each of the last two games.
Thus my point at halftime about Joe T and Fredrick. Good to at least Joe come around in the second half.

Every player can go through a cold shooting period but you do t want it to be more than three games. Hopefully Fredrick will get though it. I think he will because he is just too good of a shooter for it to last long.

I don't often like to complain about the officiating in a game you win...but my god, especially in the first half...there some terrible calls. I don't get it. Usually teams that are highly rated, at home, get alot of the close calls. Weiskamp was getting fouled every time he went to the hole and the traveling call was laughable. He split the double and both guys fouled him and they called him for traveling.

The officials kept Minnesota in this game.

Where has Fredrick been? He has only scored 2 points in each of the last two games.
He is

1) taking on tougher defensive assignments

2) being asked in general to play better defense, and

3) getting yanked if he doesn’t.

He may be getting more attention paid to him as well. If JBo and Wiesy keep shooting like this he will get better looks by default. Defenses can't cover them all AND double Garza. He also had some early foul trouble against Rutgers and Maryland.

Iowa is going to lose
It did feel like it there a couple times.

If Minnesota had pulled this one out it would have truly been highway robbery. We out shot them by nearly 20% (55.4 to 35.2) We more than doubled their three point percentage (64.3 to 29.4) Our free throw % was better. We outrebounded them. We had 27 assists to 10 turnovers. You tell me how Minnesota was only down seven with four minutes to go.

Latest posts