***Official Hapless Hawks Lose by 30+ to the Fighting Midgets Game Thread***

why is the spread only 11 ? I have to eat a shoe likely if Iowa wins and I specifically don't want that.

a975f640-b6df-11e4-84b2-c576e4e25354_uekercrop.jpg

Harry Doyle here with a brief preview of tonight's match from Carver Hawkeye Arena between the Michigan St Spartans and your Iowa Hawkeyes. Tip off is scheduled for 8:00 pm CST on ESPN.

Well, let us see. Michigan St is a Top 4 team in the country and likely can name the score tonight. Iowa won't guard the 3 point shooters and will get dunked on over and over again. Jordan Bohannon for Iowa may or may not play as he is experiencing symptoms for the stomach flu (personally I think he is just trying to get out of the line up).

So what is the point of watching tonight's contest? Well, besides the slightest of off-chances Iowa can compete in this game, there is always Carver Ice Cream being sold in the various concessions stands throughout the Arena. Yes, Carver Ice Cream is so good you won't even care if your Hawkeyes are winning or not.

Tonight's special flavor for Carver Ice Cream is the Gary Barta. When you take a bite into the scoop of the ole Gary if you are an employer you will want to give your employees a raise the next day If you are an employee you will demand it. The Gary Barta......Ice Cream so good it makes a mediocre worker feel like a National Champion that deserves National Champion type pay.

Again, Carver Ice Cream the only proven consistent winner on Iowa Hawkeye Men's Basketball game nights sold in the various concession stands throughout the Arena.

Last edited:
I'm hoping Iowa can finish ahead of Wisconsin in the standings. I doubt tonights game will help them much, but you never know whats going to happen. It should be fun to see what Dailey can do with more minutes.

I might watch a few minutes of the 2nd half ... those Lagina boys are a lot more entertaining and, by God, they're getting close to the treasure! Whether I go to some other Tivo show depends on if Iowa looks like anything resembling a competent basketball team.

I have a feeling that the Hawks will keep it closer than anyone (especially, myself) would've ever imagined. I'm still not going to watch any more of the game to see if I'm right or not. Anyway, in the end, they still lose by 12-15
(and I still think they lose by a combined 60 points these next 3 games.)

We may find out how much respect Izzo has for Fran tonight. We'll see when he calls the dogs off. My guess is he'll have to slow things down in the first half and we'll still be down by 20+ at halftime.

a975f640-b6df-11e4-84b2-c576e4e25354_uekercrop.jpg

Harry Doyle here with a brief preview of tonight's match from Carver Hawkeye Arena between the Michigan St Spartans and your Iowa Hawkeyes. Tip off is scheduled for 8:00 pm CST on ESPN.

Well, let us see. Michigan St is a Top 4 team in the country and likely can name the score tonight. Iowa won't guard the 3 point shooters and will get dunked on over and over again. Jordan Bohannon for Iowa may or may not play as he is experiencing symptoms for the stomach flu (personally I think he is just trying to get out of the line up).

So what is the point of watching tonight's contest? Well, besides the slightest of off-chances Iowa can compete in this game, there is always Carver Ice Cream being sold in the various concessions stands throughout the Arena. Yes, Carver Ice Cream is so good you won't even care if your Hawkeyes are winning or not.

Tonight's special flavor for Carver Ice Cream is the Gary Barta. When you take a bite into the scope of the ole Gary if you are an employer you will want to give your employees a raise the next day If you are an employee you will demand it. The Gary Barta......Ice Cream so good it makes a mediocre worker feel like a National Champion that deserves National Champion type pay.

Again, Carver Ice Cream the only proven consistent winner on Iowa Hawkeye Men's Basketball game nights sold in the various concession stands throughout the Arena.

The ol’ Gary is a pretty mediocre blend, one that keeps on giving but eventually leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

If Iowa was somehow able to pull off the upset it would be a bigger upset than the football team beating Ohio State IMO.

Latest posts