***Official Hapless Hawks Lose by 30+ to the Fighting Midgets Game Thread***

No. The KF Plan = pick one home game against a great team and prepare and practice to beat that team for months. That way your fans have some shred of hope for the future. They can say "if he's such a bad coach, how could he beat the #________ team in the nation?" "Next year will be our year!"
I wish I could remember what thread I predicted this in. I pointed directly to the MSU home game and said this was the game we would play out of our minds, using the KF Plan.

Yea you definitely didn't watch the game. We had about 5 guys play out of their minds on one end of the court. It had nothing to do with game plan.

Exactly, we played out of our minds, MSU likely completely overlooked us and we still lost. Nothing positive here.

If you choose to see no positives, sure. All that ultimately matters is finding a way to win. You can be devastated in a loss, hate ever losing, and work to get better, be pissed....and still find positives to build on...even in a lost season.

Accepting losing is not ok. Finding both positives and identifying and correcting failures is how you improve.

Yea you definitely didn't watch the game. We had about 5 guys play out of their minds on one end of the court. It had nothing to do with game plan.
That's the KF Plan. Remember Ohio State? You just saw Fran utilize the KF plan. Think Cyclown SuperBowl.

If you choose to see no positives, sure. All that ultimately matters is finding a way to win. You can be devastated in a loss, hate ever losing, and work to get better, be pissed....and still find positives to build on...even in a lost season.

Accepting losing is not ok. Finding both positives and identifying and correcting failures is how you improve.
That's for the team. I don't work out and practice with them. I don't have to prepare for the next game. Its just wins and losses to fans... especially years later. There's no asterisk on this year's football record that says we took Penn State down to the wire, lost to NW in overtime, and should have beaten Purdue. It just says 8-5, period.

If they play with this kind of fire and effort for the rest of this season, it's a positive.

If they play with this kind of fire and effort for the rest of this season, it's a positive.
Exactly, but I feel like people want to count this up there with the Minnesota and Wisconsin wins. We lost. Let's see if it translates when we play a non-top-5 team.

OK, I was wrong. There is a positive to this game. It didn't matter.
These games matter so much that a podcast that exists explicitly to talk about Iowa basketball in the spring hasn't bothered to talk about Iowa basketball for like three weeks.

These games matter so much that a podcast that exists explicitly to talk about Iowa basketball in the spring hasn't bothered to talk about Iowa basketball for like three weeks.
Yeah, I've noticed and called that out as well. HN has no problem rolling out the brass band for a mediocre team but even they can't polish this turd.

I'm not going to rehash what I'm sure has been said 50 times on this already but man I'm pissed JBo wasn't at the line about 8 times. That dude was bumped and shoved more than anybody out there. I counted at least 3 or 4 times he shoulda gotten a call. Any one or two of them coulda been game changing obviously.. Damn it

That's for the team. I don't work out and practice with them. I don't have to prepare for the next game. Its just wins and losses to fans... especially years later. There's no asterisk on this year's football record that says we took Penn State down to the wire, lost to NW in overtime, and should have beaten Purdue. It just says 8-5, period.

If I'm not watching the games, and just checking scores, i agree. But id rather watch my team be entertaining and competitive, even in a tough loss, than not.

But yes, winning, ultimately, is all that matters over time. I saw some positives tonight, what I more interested in, is if the team builds off them or if this breaks them.

In a lost, awful season, maybe I'm just searching for something to be optimistic on.

Exactly, but I feel like people want to count this up there with the Minnesota and Wisconsin wins. We lost. Let's see if it translates when we play a non-top-5 team.

All 3 of those games have come in the last 5 games. Without a doubt the 3 hardest fought games of the season,and it's probably not even close. That's pathetic but it's true. If they play really hard in 3 or 4 of their last 5 games, its at least something to give us hope. I know some fans don't want hope. But some do.

I watched the second half, most of it...

Dailey needs to play more...

Pemsl has game if he feels like it...

Cook can dunk and toys with an outside shot now...

JB can shoot...

I wouldn't want to run down the court too close to Garza with all those arms and elbows flailing about...

Iowa is looking more and more like the "Anteaters" of old...up and down, what? Defense?

Fran struggles to coach during and at the ends of close games...

Good shooting can keep Iowa close to a lot of teams...defense and fundamentals will keep you close in all of your games.

Where do those Michigan State players get the money needed to burn all of those high dollar tattoos on their bodies...side jobs?

While what you say is absolutely true Walker the problem is that the coaching staff seems to NOT hate losing, NOT work or coach to get better defensively. Most of this is a complete mystery last night we should have won and didn't we didn't run the offense through Cook even though we were in the double bonus the last 10 minutes of the game...that's coaching.

Latest posts