!**Official 'Friday Funnies' Thread**!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most of the pervs on here will focus on the chicks. Which just goes to show how shallow they are. That goes a lot deeper than mere butt-cheek flexing.

What you hear on that video is just flat-out, top-notch fiddling.

"He's not a rocket scientist"

Amateur astronaut and flat earth proponent Mad Mike Hughes dies in stupid rocket stunt. We just never saw this coming.

1eee5f8c-41ef-4319-82cf-b5dcc1ace2d2-large16x9_MikeHughes.PNG

https://news3lv.com/news/local/dare...ies-after-homemade-rocket-crashes-reports-say

Last edited:

Amazon drove them into bankruptcy, but before that too many people (like me) were figuring the system out. (And posting information online about their good and bad deals.)

I have well over a thousand CD's I got through Columbia house CD club & a few other places. Used to throw away the half & 1/3 price certificates you got with a purchase. Every year they would send out a catalog & a price of like $2.99 plus shipping They would have a catalog for each of their clubs. For example Jazz club, classical club, r&b, etc. Bulk shipping was better on that than on the 1 cent intro deal. I calculated that I was paying about $5 a CD after shipping, sometimes doing a little better, sometimes worse. Near the end they started dumping inventory including boxed sets. I remember $1.99 plus shipping deals.

Amazon drove them into bankruptcy, but before that too many people (like me) were figuring the system out. (And posting information online about their good and bad deals.)

I have well over a thousand CD's I got through Columbia house CD club & a few other places. Used to throw away the half & 1/3 price certificates you got with a purchase. Every year they would send out a catalog & a price of like $2.99 plus shipping They would have a catalog for each of their clubs. For example Jazz club, classical club, r&b, etc. Bulk shipping was better on that than on the 1 cent intro deal. I calculated that I was paying about $5 a CD after shipping, sometimes doing a little better, sometimes worse. Near the end they started dumping inventory including boxed sets. I remember $1.99 plus shipping deals.

And now you spend the same inordinate amount of time gaming the system with Amazon, eBay and the like?

And now you spend the same inordinate amount of time gaming the system with Amazon, eBay and the like?

Not so much. eBay is a pain in the ass. You never know what you are going to get. I use it primarily for finding parts to repair computers, old electronics, and the occasional appliance. I use Amazon when I can't find something locally. I never was into shopping at the mall. Even back in the day I would mail order stuff. The Internet is much better than catalogs. I sold around $6000 in books on Amazon before the market for them crashed in 2008.

After the Columbia House went under I switched to buying used CD's for a while. I did the Napster thing for a couple of years, when it was easy. The negative aspects of file sharing quickly overtook the positives though. I guess Youtube could be considered gaming the system. Once Youtube came along my CD collection started getting a lot less use. Great for live clips, and exploring obscure and out of print stuff.

Not much of a TV guy, at least not as an adult. I was more into TV as a kid in the 1970's. Didn't take a TV to college. There were a few 80's sitcoms I would watch with my college buddies on their TV's. Late period Seinfeld was the last TV I regularly watched. I guess I traded music for TV.

Not so much. eBay is a pain in the ass. You never know what you are going to get. I use it primarily for finding parts to repair computers, old electronics, and the occasional appliance. I use Amazon when I can't find something locally. I never was into shopping at the mall. Even back in the day I would mail order stuff. The Internet is much better than catalogs. I sold around $6000 in books on Amazon before the market for them crashed in 2008.

After the Columbia House went under I switched to buying used CD's for a while. I did the Napster thing for a couple of years, when it was easy. The negative aspects of file sharing quickly overtook the positives though. I guess Youtube could be considered gaming the system. Once Youtube came along my CD collection started getting a lot less use. Great for live clips, and exploring obscure and out of print stuff.

Not much of a TV guy, at least not as an adult. I was more into TV as a kid in the 1970's. Didn't take a TV to college. There were a few 80's sitcoms I would watch with my college buddies on their TV's. Late period Seinfeld was the last TV I regularly watched. I guess I traded music for TV.
kinda my path. But for the last several years I’ve moved from music to podcasts.

kinda my path. But for the last several years I’ve moved from music to podcasts.

Ted Talks is a fun place. Many of them are very good. A fair amount of bullshit but you get that anywhere.

Recently more history, science, and technology channels have been popping up on Youtube, 10 to 25 minute presentations. There are some good ones if you know your subject. It's much easier to avoid the conspiracy theories and other crap since they changed their algorithms.

Ted Talks is a fun place. Many of them are very good. A fair amount of bullshit but you get that anywhere.

Recently more history, science, and technology channels have been popping up on Youtube, 10 to 25 minute presentations. There are some good ones if you know your subject. It's much easier to avoid the conspiracy theories and other crap since they changed their algorithms.
Holy shit! I learned how to properly tie my shoes at the age of 50 from a TED Talks. So funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts