***Official Fat Pitsgerald Breaks His Other Leg and the Hawkeyes Eat Mildcat For Supper Game Thread***

Well, the good news in all this is the Brian Ferentz train is off the tracks once again.

* Weapons don't work well when line play is marginal. Do we really have weapons?
* Petras may have a strong arm and leadership qualities but he isn't executing.....isn't that the most important trait we should have leading us?
* Why can't our WR's get open............again?
* Game not as close as the score indicated.........no Rocket Science degree needed for that observation
* Our talent level is no better than Purdue's or NW's...........I'm not seeing it anyway.
* Let Goodson run the Wildcat on consecutive plays at the goal line in the first half and I believe we would have scored a TD and created the scoring difference in the game.
* "Stubborn" still follows Kirk on so many levels.
* Anyone predict 0-2 at this point? I didn't think so.
* Michigan has placed a call to Matt Campbell :)
* I heard Urban Meyer is available
* Hayden is turning in his grave.......0-2 with the losses to Purdue & NW to kick things off.
* A good year to not allow fans...........there's some good news. How 'bout that.
* How many years has a mobile QB been Kryptonite to the Iowa D?

..............there, I think I'm feeling better.

50+ pass attempts. Less than 25 runs.

That by itself isn't terrible. Combine it with 50% completion, less than 250 yards, and 3 interceptions all from bad throws....

The good throws are fantastic. Big arm, tight throws when set. But man, I'm not sure the "touch" or happy feet or decision making are things the the "lightbulb: is gonna come on all of the sudden. At minimum he threw 5-6 fastballs that should have been change ups, 3 were interceptions.

Brian is doing Petras no favors giving up on the run game.

Find a way to run the ball, period. You have a player in Goodson we haven't had in a decade at RB, maybe longer.

And whatever tell Iowa has in the stretch zone runbetter get figured out, or scrap the damn play.

Pieces are there, but the holes are too large.

If not basically spotted 14 points, Iowa loses this by 3 scores.

I know this is basically a exhibition season, but its not enjoyable thus far. I had less angst when not playing at all.

Is incensed apathy a thing?

Go Hawks... sigh.

With The GoodSon and The Sarge

In one's arsenal, it is similar to bringing a knife to a shootout at high noon

I was feeling alright until LeeAnne, the stylist who has always cut my goldilocks for $20 handed me a hand mirror to view the vastly thinning mane

I screamed NO WAY

Alas and Alack
My friend's wife always used to cut my hair back in the day. I remember going in once, and while she was cutting it she says, “You’re getting pretty thin up top.” I paid for the haircut, and went straight home and shaved the rest off. Haven’t had hair since. It’s been over half my life now. God I’m old.

My friend's wife always used to cut my hair back in the day. I remember going in once, and while she was cutting it she says, “You’re getting pretty thin up top.” I paid for the haircut, and went straight home and shaved the rest off. Haven’t had hair since. It’s been over half my life now. God I’m old.

Not really

I could be considered Old

Can just go 2021 season and forget this 1
Can we just go to 2021 and forget this whole year?

I was talking to my wife today about the Iowa vs Penn State basketball game on a Saturday afternoon in late February. I was listening to the radio broadcast while working and I remember it was one of those glorious late February sunny days that reminded you that spring was coming. It felt different than a January sunny day because it was different. Anyway Iowa won the game by about fourteen and we were all anticipating our tournament seeding and what a warrior Garza was going to be in the tournament.

That day seems like it was in a different lifetime now.

Kirk-ball again with a pathetic 20 point showing.
WHY TF CAN'T WE SCORE IN THE 2nd HALF???!!!??!??
Its called "halftime adjustments"

Fitz loaded the box in the second half and had at least one unblocked tackler flowing free to the ball carrier just about every play because he knew we weren't attempting to go downfield.

Jeez, where have we seen that before?

Latest posts