!*****Official Cowboys @ Hawkeyes Game Thread*****!

Check out the NW game, thinvs could be much worse.

Yes they could be worse. I still don't see Wyoming as a highly rated opponent come December

Indiana - plays Virginia (1st game of the season is against Ohio State, no warm up games to start the season)

Maryland - plays Texas

Michigan - Fla & Cincinatti

Michigan State - Notre Dame

Minnesota - Oregon State

Nebraska - Oregon

Ohio State - Oklahoma

Penn State - Pitt

Rutgers - Washington

^^^^ just sayin

We need to find a way to back off the d. Running against 8 or 9 in the box will not work consistantly in the B1G.
how many years in a row have teams stacked all their guys in the box against Iowa though? Pretty much since the start of the greg davis era. Wanna back the defense up, complete some deep or intermediate balls. Until Iowa has that option no reason why teams won't throw all their guys up there.

Yes they could be worse. I still don't see Wyoming as a highly rated opponent come December

Indiana - plays Virginia (1st game of the season is against Ohio State, no warm up games to start the season)

Maryland - plays Texas

Minnesota - Oregon State

Nebraska - Oregon

Ohio State - Oklahoma

Penn State - Pitt

Rutgers - Washington

^^^^ just sayin
I never said they were/will be highly rated, just that they got more votes than we did.

Would I love to see a game against Texas, sure I would love to see 2 - one at home, one on the road.

Will we zee that, nope, not until we drop ISU. So, knowing that, I don't let scheduling bothering me.

I kinda wonder how much the O was practicing against this or the blitz during camp. Surely, they had a pretty good idea Wyoming would do it, right?
Somewhat of an idea, but the did get a new D Coordinator.

I think the passing O will get there. We saw more play action in this game than we did all last season. We threw down the seems. We threw crossing routes to the TEs. Easley caught a couple intermediate passes. It is getting better.

Maryland - plays Texas

Minnesota - Oregon State

Nebraska - Oregon

Ohio State - Oklahoma

Penn State - Pitt

Rutgers - Washington

^^^^ just sayin

Again, none of those teams are forced to play a power 5 instate rival from a different conference. If isu was as good as Pitt it wouldn't be a problem.

Blame the Iowa State game and blame Iowa State for being terrible

Again, none of those teams are forced to play a power 5 instate rival from a different conference. If isu was as good as Pitt it wouldn't be a problem.

Blame the Iowa State game and blame Iowa State for being terrible
Exactly how is Iowa "forced" to play Iowa State?

He won't reply to you. I'm his focus. But you're right, goose-stepper logic can't admit this is a pussy non-con, and it also can't admit that if other teams can play a legit opponent, so can Iowa.

Still, I'll keep saying it's nice to get this first win under Iowa's belt. I just wish Iowa would prepare itself for Big Ten play with one legit opponent in the non-con. Kirk is hurting himself by scheduling FCS teams. (future-tense)

Because theyll never drop it. The Iowa corn growers won't allow it, the schools won't allow it, the state govt won't allow it.

It's also locked in thru 2023 already. I'd call that forced

Last edited:
He won't reply to you. I'm his focus. But you're right, goose-stepper logic can't admit this is a pussy non-con, and it also can't admit that if other teams can play a legit opponent, so can Iowa.

Still, I'll keep saying it's nice to get this first win under Iowa's belt. I just wish Iowa would prepare itself for Big Ten play with one legit opponent in the non-con. Kirk is hurting himself by scheduling FCS teams. (future-tense)

Why wouldn't I respond to him lol. I don't even know who you are but hey keep inflating your online ego.

Name me another midwest state with 2 power 5 teams who play in different conferences. I'll wait

Almost every single school plays a power 5 team and 2 cupcakes in the non conference. Iowa just happens to play a power 5 opponent who constantly sucks. Hell Alabama plays 3 cupcake non conference games this year.

Because theyll never drop it. The Iowa corn growers won't allow it, the schools won't allow it, the state govt won't allow it.

It's also locked in thru 2023 already. I'd call that forced

You just admitted you lied. But you're too stupid to realize it.

Latest posts