!*****Official 'Cousin Oliver Has A Family Reunion at The Big House' Game Thread*****!

I love the national pundits slobbing all over the Michigan defense- Iowas defense is better. This offense better figure it out. Good enough defense to win 10 games.

Boy you gotta be worried if you are Iowa. Not being able to run the ball against a pretty poor run D.
Free runs by the UM D at Stanley. That was a bad coaching job.

And don't worry Michigan, you need to be worried too. No offense. Will get annihilated by PSU and OSU and maybe Mich State too. Both teams may end up 7-5

That's possibly true, but I think a bit hyperbolic. I don't think they'll get annihilated by MSU. Could be a game just like we saw today. Iowa will struggle mightily with PSU and UW, but who the hell else is really unbeatable? Purdue lost their two best players, NU is average, the red NU has a lousy defense, Minny has some strengths but has nowhere near the athletes that Michigan has. Illinois is Illinois.

I love the national pundits slobbing all over the Michigan defense- Iowas defense is better. This offense better figure it out. Good enough defense to win 10 games.

Unfortunately, tagged with a bad enough offense to lose 8 games. Luckily, the defense is good enough to overcome the terrible offense that we will win 7 or 8 of our games.

Not very optimistic about Wisconsin. Iowa o-line looked clueless today. Man, this team struggles with any sorta zone blitz scheme.

Yeah, man. That was the difference today. Iowa had field position (thanks defense) multiple times but couldn't handle this at all!

Okay.
Did you pick Iowa to beat Michigan?

I did, but that's when I still hoped we didn't just look good because of the competition we've feasted on. Exactly what did you see today that gives you a lot of hope? That Michigan team is not good... and we had 1 yard rushing! 1 YARD!... And we're a "run first" team?

I did, but that's when I still hoped we didn't just look good because of the competition we've feasted on. Exactly what did you see today that gives you a lot of hope? That Michigan team is not good... and we had 1 yard rushing! 1 YARD!... And we're a "run first" team?
Okay.
So I give your other prognostication zero credibility.

Football is not a static sport.

I agree. It's super disappointing that we spotted UM 10 points right away, and couldn't figure out how to beat the blitz. We had field position and UM didn't score the last 3.5 quarters of this game.. There are a lot of positives to pull from this game. this should have been a victory.

Why can't Iowa beat teams that blitz constantly and make them pay. That's why Purdue (and others) beat Iowa.

Well, 3 preseason patsies plus Ilinois, Minnesota (Most years) a couple crap teams from the east equals 7 wins. Get your shitty bowl win and you get your 8 wins which equals a huge bonus for KF and staff. See the problem?

defense is always better than the offense. They set up the offense. But when there is a coach that can out coach your OC, that is when you run into losses.

I agree. It's super disappointing that we spotted UM 10 points right away, and couldn't figure out how to beat the blitz. We had field position and UM didn't score the last 3.5 quarters of this game.. There are a lot of positives to pull from this game. this should have been a victory.

Why can't Iowa beat teams that blitz constantly and make them pay. That's why Purdue (and others) beat Iowa.

Play calling is a lot of it. There was no outlet receiver for the quick pass against the blitz most of the game. But even when there was one, Stanly held the ball instead of going to them.

The worst part, though, is that neither Stanly nor the OL seemed to see the blitzes coming. Stevie Wonder could see those blitzes, but our offense somehow couldn't.

Play calling is a lot of it. There was no outlet receiver for the quick pass against the blitz most of the game. But even when there was one, Stanly held the ball instead of going to them.

The worst part, though, is that neither Stanly nor the OL seemed to see the blitzes coming. Stevie Wonder could see those blitzes, but our offense somehow couldn't.

Great points. I think that's really the story of this game, and most Iowa losses. Blitzes should be risky, but they aren't for opposing defenses. There is open green space to exploit, but alas, we couldn't. Stanley really held the ball a lot today, accounting for a solid chunk of our negative rushing yards.

I was gonna come back and ask you guys what I missed, but when I turned the radio on after the daughters vball matches for the last 4 minutes of the game, I found...….that I had missed absolutely nothing. pretty much was the same before I left. 3-10, bad Stanley showed up, couldn't get out of our own way on offense today, defense doing their everything to keep us in it. there were at least two miscommunications between Stanley and junior wr's on the last two drives each. can't have that in crunch time. I like nate Stanley, but what this team is missing is somebody who will go win you a game. not not lose you a game, or keep you in games.....go win you a game. drew tate had that, stanza had that, not sure we've had that since.

Latest posts