*** OFFICIAL BIRD FIGHT GAME THREAD ***

Right when I was going to start praising Mikey G for closing a game out and hitting big free throws, he turns it over. Figures.

The turnover was bad but he still deserves the props for the made free throws. He is slowly turning it around. Making free throws, not missing every single shot anymore. He's putting some solid games together.

Great win! Congrats to the entire team, everybody gave their all tonight despite losing a key player to injury. With heart and determination like this Iowa is on the way to big things this year. The free throw shooting was superb under pressure tonight too. So was the defense late. Hit free throws and play defense like that will win more close games. Way to go Hawks!

Last edited:
The turnover was bad but he still deserves the props for the made free throws. He is slowly turning it around. Making free throws, not missing every single shot anymore. He's putting some solid games together.

I agree to an extent but what about the second half against UNI? Was he 0-5 or 0-6 with some turnovers? I thought he played a very good first half against UNI but the second half was bad. I think he and Woody combined for 3-17 from the floor. Hardly solid.

Not sure but it also is all the unsecured balls, missed layups and own shots blocked by guards that is getting old.

I'm not sure why people are continually surprised by his poor play. Woodbury is not a good or even average basketball player. Roy has to be feeling pretty good about Woodbury's decision to choose Iowa. I've never seen such an uncoordinated college basketball player. I'm surprised he doesn't trip himself more just running down the floor.

Great win! Congrats to the entire team, everybody gave their all tonight despite losing a key player to injury. With heart and determination like this Iowa is on the way to big things this year. The free throw shooting was superb under pressure tonight too. So was the defense late. Hit free throws and play defense like that will win more close games. Way to go Hawks!

You know, I kind of enjoy your overly positive, quasi-troll posts. It's an interesting schtick.

Positives:
-- Awesome free throw shooting to close out the game.
-- It was a W.

Negatives:
-- Very sloppy.
-- Huge defensive lapses, all around.
-- Another career 3-point shooting performance by opponent.
-- Epic collapse to start 2nd half for 3rd consecutive game.
-- Struggle to beat a 7-5 mid-major, playing it's 4th game in 8 days and 5th roadie in it's last 6 games.
(Although I did call this being a struggle to win.)

Enjoy it. Very likely to be few and far between in B14. Hawks will be lucky (and will definitely need it in the form the other team having a really bad night) to go 4-5 first half of conference play. More likely 2 or 3. Should get 4 on the back side to finish 7-11.

That's the 16-15 I thought was realistic, still needing a first round BTT win to make the NIT.

I'm not sure why people are continually surprised by his poor play. Woodbury is not a good or even average basketball player. Roy has to be feeling pretty good about Woodbury's decision to choose Iowa. I've never seen such an uncoordinated college basketball player. I'm surprised he doesn't trip himself more just running down the floor.

Ive defender him for two years and thought that with some more strength he would improve but it's not going to happen.

He does play pretty good D on other bigs but he just terrible on offense. His lack of explosion off the floor is female like, that's really the only way to describe it.

Ive defender him for two years and thought that with some more strength he would improve but it's not going to happen.

He does play pretty good D on other bigs but he just terrible on offense. His lack of explosion off the floor is female like, that's really the only way to describe it.

I guess you could describe it like that. Not sure it's warrented to make fun of female's explosion off the floor like that though.

Latest posts