OFFICIAL 2020 CUBS BASEBALL THREAD

Northside Hawk

Wait....what? I've read she has permanent brain damage but I didn't see that she had died.
I could be wrong. But either way not good. One of the all time freak injuries, similar to the teenage girl that did die from a flying hockey puck in Columbus (causing the nets to be constructed in every hockey arena in THAT sport).

Cubs had a day off in Saint Louis the next day and Almora never bothered to get out of bed. I believe he still hasn't gotten over it.

judzeehawk

I could be wrong. But either way not good. One of the all time freak injuries, similar to the teenage girl that did die from a flying hockey puck in Columbus (causing the nets to be constructed in every hockey arena in THAT sport).

Cubs had a day off in Saint Louis the next day and Almora never bothered to get out of bed. I believe he still hasn't gotten over it.
What made it even worse for Albert was he watched it happen in real time. It sickened him immediately. I really feel for Albert and the little girls family.

ssckelley

No, he had good numbers at the time and was on pace to knock over 20 home runs. He wasn't the same after that and his defense was crap as well, which very well could have been mental.

Northside Hawk

Thanks for the memz Schwarber.
Need a Ben Zobrist type player who can give professional at bats, put the ball in play, and play multiple positions.

Does this signal a move to left field for Bryant? Or Contreras?

They are still looking for top of the lineup help which could come in a deal in the form of a center fielder and that could move Ian Happ to left.