Odds to win ‘20 National Championship

Unless I missed something, that's tied for the 3rd best odds with Maryland, be and the Michigan schools. Lol at Wisconsin at 200 to 1.

There's 5/1, 8/1, 12/1, 15/1, 20/1, 25/1, 30/1 and 40/1. But you were close.

I believe PC Hawk was referring to the B1G only.

So Vegas has 18 other schools with better odds and 3 others with the same odds, which puts us ranked between 19 and 22 and maybe a 5 seed. Also they have us as tied for 3rd in the B1G.

So will we all sign up for that now?

UCF is 1000 to 1. What do they lose? That is a bet I may make.$10 to win $10000.

What was TTU odds at the beginning?

Imagine those odds if Fran would actually use scholarships on grad transfer or transfers instead of late get recruits like Dailey and Williams!

If Fran fails to fill open scholarship with a transfer and settles or banks it then like Jon and Deace discusses on a recent pod, Iowa will peak at a 7/8/9/10 seed and be a similar season as this year was.

Last edited:
50/1? I don't think the odds are that good. Iowa has about as good a chance to win the NCAA Tournament in any given year as I do of winning Powerball. Yeah I exaggerate (some).

There are maybe a dozen teams that have a legitimate chance to win it all in any given year.. For the rest, it's more or less a pipe dream. How often do you get a champion that's outside of the top 1-2 seeds? Doesn't happen much.

College sports are full of have's and have not's. You can guess which side of the fence Iowa is on. Until Iowa starts recruiting at a different level, I don't see them ever having a real shot. Either that, or a Bo Ryan caliber coach and teacher.

Even then, it's not so easy to simply go out and win the NCAA Tournament.

Last edited:
Virginia was 20-1 to win it last summer at Westgate in Vegas. Texas Tech was 60-1.

Michigan State and Auburn, the other Final Four teams, were 20-1 and 30-1, respectively.

Purdue was 50-1.

WTF are you talking about
OP showed odds of winning NC @ 50/1. PCHawk said: Unless I missed something, that's tied for the 3rd best odds with Maryland, be and the Michigan schools. Lol at Wisconsin at 200 to 1
To which I showed there were more teams with better odds than the 50/1 Iowa represented. He never mentioned anything about the BIG and the OP's odds were for NC. Any other questions?

Yes.

How did you not find it obvious that he was talking about the Big Ten?
Sorry. Basic message board decorum dictates you respond to the topic at hand or state your intention to change topics. If we have to start guessing at the intentions of other posters, it'll be chaos! It'll be anarchy! Well.....I'm taking a stand. Right here. Right now. Get on board or get on down the road.

Sorry. Basic message board decorum dictates you respond to the topic at hand or state your intention to change topics. If we have to start guessing at the intentions of other posters, it'll be chaos! It'll be anarchy! Well.....I'm taking a stand. Right here. Right now. Get on board or get on down the road.
If you think this message board has anything resembling decorum you need to get a brain scan. Probably two brain scans.

Virginia was 20-1 to win it last summer at Westgate in Vegas. Texas Tech was 60-1.

Michigan State and Auburn, the other Final Four teams, were 20-1 and 30-1, respectively.

Purdue was 50-1.
That’s why I pick 3 or 4 teams to bet every September and they all have to be at least 20-1.

Latest posts