Odds on Page going to Iowa

Pretty sure he was offered before Hoiberg showed up.

Pretty sure Hoiberg was still going strong after him. Ask your boy Chris Williams if you dont believe me. Granted, the Hawks probably would have played him more than ISU but, that doesnt mean ISU didnt want him.

And citing Capitol City league performance as an indicator of great success is not the best correlation. Garrett played great in the CCL this year but most cyclone fans i know have seen him as the weak link for the past 2-3 years.
Cook and Ejim are solid prospects who would probably start at Iowa right away but that is not saying much at this point.

Cook and Ejim are the very reasons why I'm not all that broken up over losing Uthoff. Would have been great to have him but I think we're well set up at the 3 without him.

And yes, Hoiberg definitely wanted him.

I feel the same way you do, Nebraskahawk about Uthoff and would love to see the Hawks beat Wisconsin at Carver and in Madison. We have played Wisconsin well before Lickball. We will do it again. I wonder if the Lin-Mar Marian rivalry with the Iowa City high schools have an effect on their players going elsewhere. How many Lin-Mar players have chosen Iowa over the years? I can't fault Bohannon not wanting to play for Alford. It still did feel like a slap on the face however. Same as Uthoff. I believe Uthoff is small potatoes. Fran has the plan, and I don't think Uthoff was included anyway. He might have felt pressure to offer a token scholarship because of local hysteria, not unlike the frenzy surrounding Salt and CoCo. We wont miss him or Fuller either. Melsohn will make up the scoring lost with Fuller.

Depends on how much the Hawks improve this coming year, if they can manage 13-15 wins and show him that the following year could potentially land Iowa in the postseason NIT or NCAAs(possible because all Iowa loses is Cole next year) than maybe he has second thoughts about joining Iowa, as of now Ill give the Hawks less than 10%. Any of the targets for Iowa right now depend solely on next season, because if Iowa performs bad again 10/11 wins, not only will Paige not want to come but neither will Katenda/Coleman/etc. As hard as it will be for this team to win 15 games, if they can some how manage 15 wins i think it will be a huge success on the recruiting trail. Just my opinion.

I'd like to think that Marcus would be more patient as he is a 12' prospect and has some time to see how Iowa pans out this year. Playing for a NC anywhere is a reach simply because of the odds. So why not get on the court play alot,have some good success and get a good education close to home?
If FM coaches his team as advertized there will be success and it will be fun for players and fans so hopefully that will at least keep him open minded.

12' ? We absolutely have to have him!

Nobody breathed a bigger sigh of relief than Fred Hoiberg when Utoff picked Wisconsin. To lose him to Iowa, would have shot to hell the theory that ISU is going to own the UI in in-state recruiting because of Hoiberg. But what nobody is talking about is how Hoiberg just lost an in-state recruit to Wisconsin. The theory that Fred would dominate recruiting in the state of Iowa is already in serious question.

Paige landing at any in state school is going to be difficult. If his game continues to improve, he will end up at one of the big boys. You may even get to shake Calipari's hands at a HS game. Then go clean off the grease.

Anyways, looking at the future rosters, I am thinking that things will depend a lot on the upcoming recruiting classes for Iowa and ISU. Right now, on paper, I believe that ISU has a better potential complementary roster for 2012. Cook, Ejim, McKnight, Railey, Godfrey, Babb, and Booker could all be very good players(if Royce White is still there it will shock me), and the young guys will have had time to develop. Iowa still has time to fill out their 2011 class, which I suspect will be of moderate size, but Fran would have to pull some magic to get a whole lot better than this.

The thing that really is the kicker is I believe Iowa, and definitely ISU, will be after high level PG help in 2011. As much as some defend Payne, he is not the answer for the hawks, and Garret will be gone, as well as Anderson at ISU. If ISU lands a high level PG in 2011(Naadir Tharpe, being Ejim's former roomate and a top target of ISU's best recruiter) Paige will likely be out of the picture there. But without a better contingent, Iowa will have little to offer as well. I am thinking Kansas, as they are now in the PG lottery every year with their current recruiting strategy.

Nobody breathed a bigger sigh of relief than Fred Hoiberg when Utoff picked Wisconsin. To lose him to Iowa, would have shot to hell the theory that ISU is going to own the UI in in-state recruiting because of Hoiberg. But what nobody is talking about is how Hoiberg just lost an in-state recruit to Wisconsin. The theory that Fred would dominate recruiting in the state of Iowa is already in serious question.

I think everyone with a brain understands Uthoff leaving the state right now. Iowa and ISU only have hope to sell right now. I'm not going to sweat it.

We'll have a better indication of our chances as the next few months unfold. I he commits and signs a LOI during the early signing period, then we never had a chance. If, on the other hand, he holds on his decision, then he is waiting to see what Caff's first year is like.

GO HAWKS!!!

We'll have a better indication of our chances as the next few months unfold. I he commits and signs a LOI during the early signing period, then we never had a chance. If, on the other hand, he holds on his decision, then he is waiting to see what Caff's first year is like.

GO HAWKS!!!

Or ISU's first year...

Latest posts