Objective comparison of Fran and Lick

Lick had only lost one player with only a year of eligibility left that everyone on this board agreed couldn't or wouldn't run Lick's offense.

Fran has lost a player from the same position that basically everybody feels the same way.

QUIT talking about the mutiny or Lick's job search post Iowa. We don't know if Fran will go through either of these things. So comparing Lick after year three to Fran after year one is complete BS!

QUIT talking about the mutiny or Lick's job search post Iowa. We don't know if Fran will go through either of these things. So comparing Lick after year three to Fran after year one is complete BS!

I actually agree with you on something here. Still, at this point there are no comparisions to the job that was done in year one to me. Fran is ahead of Lick after year one. Iowa is in a position to be better, period, with the four starters back, addition of some shooters to come of the bench and the way Iowa improved from game one to the final game. The question is, does Iowa have players that will continue to improve of have they reached as good as they are going to be? Well, that will be answered this season and all indications are that the returning players are better today from the last game of the season. The other question is, will Fran have the number of defections Lick did after year two, if so he is doomed. Don't see it happening though. Like it or not, Iowa has to build with what they have and develop players, that is one thing Fran did well in his previous stops, the difference now is he has to get just better overall players, but build in the same way until Fran can start securing Top 100 players year in and year out.
Iowa right now has about 10 targets on the rivals 150, landing at least one of them would continue to help turn Iowa in the right direction. I am interested to see if Meyer cracks the 150 in the next edition with how well he has been playing since his HS season.

CAAR
I understand there is no way to know if FM will see a mutiny like TL but it is relevent to a discusion of FM vs TL. By most account TL got his job at Butler by being next man in. He came to Iowa and assembled a coaching staff the was about as inexperienced at major level D1 hoops as they come. The output was a mutiny and shredding of program that had been trending down due to the work of SA. Contrast the with FM. FM has a track record of resurrecting programs. FM was not the hot coach when hired and inherited a mess. FM got assts with experience and changed the pace of the product on the floor just as his predecessor with the difference being you could see the team having fun much of the time. When players have fun the don't tend to revolt.

Latest posts