O line. Wth

clim3

i don’t recall for many years seeing our guards and center get worked over like the did last two weeks. Thought o line would be a strength this year. Sadly it is a glaring weakness. Since Nate isn’t mobile we’re really screwed. The dt that caused all the issues is a nice player but no superstar. We made him look like one though. The middle of our o line is a huge issue.

Agree, can’t remember a season where the Oline has been manhandled in back to back games. Especially with 2 potential 1st round picks and a Freshman that has been so highly touted.

OL has been crap for two weeks.

Sargent and Goodson have been whiffing on blocks.

The OC play calling is crap.

ISM and Smith were the only bright spots.

If Smith doesn’t make a deity level catch on a poorly thrown ball then the Iowa offense gets skunked again.

OL has been crap for two weeks.

Sargent and Goodson have been whiffing on blocks.

The OC play calling is crap.

ISM and Smith were the only bright spots.

If Smith doesn’t make a deity level catch on a poorly thrown ball then the Iowa offense gets skunked again.
Our OL has been bad for the last several years

It’s easy to look bad when 6 guys are blocking 8 guys most every play. Can’t be done , even if you had 4 pros. Need a QB that can move. Period.

It was not a math issue tonight, the OL lost an alarming number of individual battles. Way too many times, especially the interior was physically manhandled or defenders mistakenly given free run to the backfield. Still appears to be quite a bit of confusion with the RBs pass blocking as well.

Injuries happen, but Polasek better figure out how to get something out of this "highly regarded" line.

Our OL has been bad for the last several years

Good run blocking groups in 2015 & 2016 but they were starting 5 guards so they couldn't pass block. 2017 & 2018 have been better pass blocking groups but the run blocking has declined.

Not sure if I'd call that bad. I will say Iowa's OL hasn't been a strength since 2008

It was not a math issue tonight, the OL lost an alarming number of individual battles. Way too many times, especially the interior was physically manhandled or defenders mistakenly given free run to the backfield. Still appears to be quite a bit of confusion with the RBs pass blocking as well.

Injuries happen, but Polasek better figure out how to get something out of this "highly regarded" line.

Iowa is getting beat on the offensive line. Penn State didn't have to load the box.

We already knew Wirfs wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. So it's not that big of a surprise that he isn't picking up the scheming quickly.

Iowa is getting beat on the offensive line. Penn State didn't have to load the box.

Exactly my point and agree. Penn State won the trenches with just the front 4 first. Even when they did bring extra, they didn't need to stack the box to get pressure and had plenty of men to play aggressive in coverage behind.

We already knew Wirfs wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. So it's not that big of a surprise that he isn't picking up the scheming quickly.

How did you know that Wirf's ins't the sharpest knife? Explain your comment? What an idiotic thing to say. Watch the game...our tackles were fine...it's the interior line was the issue. Their outside people weren't the problem and they are the best players. Our left guard was getting beat every play.

Assuming Wirfs can still go in the draft, we'll be replacing 4 starters on the OL next season, correct?
That'll be interesting combined with a QB with very limited experience.

Assuming Wirfs can still go in the draft, we'll be replacing 4 starters on the OL next season, correct?

That’s just it, you could sell me on a 7-5 next season if this was a 10-2 one this year. Clearly, 10-2 ain’t gonna happen it is like every 6 years you have to wait for double digit victories. So in 2021, Iowa will be really good.:)

This is a scary thought. I was thinking this year's team looks like they have replaced 4 OL and have an inexperienced QB